Feel dizzy a day after pilates
yogavic
Posted 2007-02-15 7:22 PM (#77752)
Subject: Feel dizzy a day after pilates

Hi,

I've been doing yoga for a while and just recently went to a pilates class (which i haven't done for many years). I noticed that the day after pilates I felt dizzy and weak and a little nauseated. I sometimes get the same feeling when I go for a particularly strenuous bikeride or do quite a bit of weight training but I'm not sure why it happens. During the exercises I will feel fine, but afterwards (sometimes in the next hour, or in this case, the next day) I will start to feel sick in this way. Does anyone know why this occurs?

I also have trouble whenever i start a new regular fitness regime that I will come down with a cold after a few weeks and need to put my regime on hold while I recover. Does anyone know why this happens?

Thanks for your time
Top of the page Bottom of the page
Aotearoa
Posted 2007-03-15 10:55 PM (#80192 - in reply to #77752)
Subject: RE: Feel dizzy a day after pilates

Hiya Yogavic

You might be overdoing it. If you exert your body in your new regime and it almost sounds like you do, this could be the reason your immune system is affected. Take it easy!

As to the dizziness, mabe you don't hydrate enough after class. Sometimes people aren't aware how much they sweat during practice and if you tend to only drink coffee / black tea and not enough water, maybe this brings on the feeling of nausea. I can only speak for myself but if I don't have an intake of at least a litre and a half of water by early afternoon, I would get a headache. This is just my body's habit of telling me "Drink more". Don't drink too much in one go, though. Apparently, more than 0.8 litres per hour are too much to process for your organs.

Good luck!

Aotearoa
Crunch
Posted 2007-04-25 11:41 AM (#84167 - in reply to #77752)
Subject: Feel dizzy a day after Yoga

I've just done my first yoga class yesterday (Beginner class). I've done all kinds of sports and weightlifting, running, downhill skiing etc... Before each I try to stretch and workout the tight spots. I also take the time to do a proper warm up and cool down. However, I must admit that I have never felt this way on the day after a workout. I've got this entire body buzz going and a bit of dizzyness and a slight headache. I'd say it is more like a lactic acid buzz from head to toe. It is not intense in any one part of my body. It is like a moderate to low amount all over. I wouldn't say that I over did it. It was more likely that some of those stretches worked on parts I don't usually train. I wouldn't be surprised if my blood pressure has been changed from yesterday's session. I do a high stress job and I just don't feel stressed. I think that this will be class one of many more.
tourist
Posted 2007-04-25 7:03 PM (#84202 - in reply to #84167)
Subject: RE: Feel dizzy a day after Yog

Expert Yogi

Crunch - tell us more about your class. Was it fast, slow, static, "flow", a real workout or focus on the breath? Is it a good buzz?