importance of yoga
yogendra mishra
Posted 2007-09-02 8:53 AM (#95520)
Subject: importance of yoga

yoga has come to recognised as a scientific culture for physical and mental development .it is not meant only for seekers of spiritual knowledge but also for those who want to lead a healthy and intelligent life .there are simple asanas which can be practised by all easily. these asanas build up those part which are hidden inside the body,like the ductless glands the endocrinal system,the nervous system and brain. most other physical exercises ignore these vital organs.yoga asanas without straining the heart .tone up the muscles and nerves, give them fresh blood supply,harmonise breathing and improve mental and physical power.yoga asanas based as they are on scientific observation are vast,varied and wonderful indeed the body made trim long and attractive.again even the so-called difficult diseases like blood pressure,diabetes,epilepsy,venereal and thousands diseases,can be tackled by a regular practice of asanas to a practicener of yoga asanas ,colds,constipation,headaches,tiredness,and other common ailments will be unknown.yoga is a miracle for man .if you have any question about yoga pl. write me. my id yogendramishra12@yahoo.com om namay sivay om shanti[world peace]
Top of the page Bottom of the page
roypotter
Posted 2011-06-18 1:41 PM (#208716 - in reply to #95520)
Subject: Re: importance of yoga

Regular

I completely agree with you that yoga leads to our physical and mental development and would like to say that yoga is becoming an important aspect of life.
scottaleger
Posted 2011-07-08 5:28 AM (#208874 - in reply to #95520)

A Hindu spiritual and ascetic discipline, a part of which, including breath control, simple meditation, and the adoption of specific bodily postures, is widely practiced for health and relaxation.
scottaleger
Posted 2011-07-08 5:35 AM (#208875 - in reply to #208716)

Dear Roy Potter,

I like your Post , so i want to concern about this book "Teaching of Yoga" .

About The Book : - Modern human does not feel happy because he is dissatisfied with his way of life. It we dig deep under the surface, however we realize that no form of happiness is possible for the individual as long as his Physical and metnal condition is less than perfect. The problem will only be solved when man enjoys Sound health, remains pure in his toughts, words and action, riss above a materialist attitude to life, and realize that all his resources, indeed his life itself, should be used for improvement of himself. It is possible only through to understand the Science of yoga.