how can be a yoga teacher
kiko2021
Posted 2007-10-30 3:48 AM (#98843)
Subject: how can be a yoga teacher

anyone here can tell me ... how can be a yoga teacher ???

thanks ...

Top of the page Bottom of the page

Posted 2007-10-30 12:17 PM (#98861 - in reply to #98843)
Subject: RE: how can be a yoga teacher

The best way to become a yoga teacher is by really focusing on your yoga and then to start teaching other people like your friends and family. You learn to teach by doing it. There are many teacher trainings available and many of them are helpful, but you only learn to teach by actually teaching. You only have something to teach by practicing your yoga. Although you can expand your general yoga knowledge by taking a variety of classes and reading all different types of yoga books, teaching requires experience and every teaching experience that you can get will help. If you want to be it, just do it.

Posted 2007-10-30 2:01 PM (#98864 - in reply to #98843)

Kiko,

the "way" I would advocate becoming a Yoga Teacher (since there are so many "ways" and so many definitions) is this way:

Begin the process of self-inquiry around the question "why do I want to teach Yoga". Launching forward to scamper up the ldder of teacher training only to discover at the top that your ladder was against the wrong ashram (wall) is no fun. It is from this very process of self-discovery arounf the "why" that one can better select the right path for them - whether it IS training (and where) or whether it iws NOT training.

Second, begin to refine the living of Yama and Niyama in your daily life. This is not for perfecting you but rather for developing a foundation or framework from which you can authentically share yoga woth others if and when that time presents itself.

If you are seeking a more pragmatic reply - then there are a plethora of ways to become a "yoga teacher". You can do such a thing in an 18-hour weekend or a 2 year program and all points in between.

Edited by purnayoga 2007-10-30 2:04 PM
charvaka
Posted 2007-10-31 1:19 AM (#98886 - in reply to #98843)

To be a yoga teacher just join for a yoga teachers training course in a reputed institute ,get trained and start teaching.you will learn,teach,evolve and understand in your own pace and time .Forget the crap people try to feed you and confuse you.They cant ,so they talk.
kulkarnn
Posted 2007-10-31 9:43 AM (#98897 - in reply to #98886)

Hey charvaka:
What do you mean by 'crap people' and whom are you refering to please? I mean, the OP did not refer to any people yet.

charvaka - 2007-10-31 1:19 AM

To be a yoga teacher just join for a yoga teachers training course in a reputed institute ,get trained and start teaching.you will learn,teach,evolve and understand in your own pace and time .Forget the crap people try to feed you and confuse you.They cant ,so they talk.
charvaka
Posted 2007-11-01 1:22 AM (#98928 - in reply to #98897)

kulkarnn - 2007-10-31 9:43 AM
Its not about you. so take a deep breath exhale slowly and relax
Hey charvaka:
What do you mean by 'crap people' and whom are you refering to please? I mean, the OP did not refer to any people yet.

charvaka - 2007-10-31 1:19 AM

kulkarnn
Posted 2007-11-01 8:34 AM (#98933 - in reply to #98843)

Dear Charvaka:
I am not saying you refered to me. I was actually wanting to know which people you refered to. Because, the OP has not stated any people. What I mean is: please elaborate your answer in the light of original post so that it can help the op to make a decision.

Posted 2007-11-01 12:23 PM (#98944 - in reply to #98843)

Is there a difference between "teaching yoga" and being a "yoga teacher"?
Kaos
Posted 2007-11-01 1:02 PM (#98949 - in reply to #98843)

I think, the original poster was asking how to be a "yoga teacher". Similar to how to become a physics, mathematics, dance or music teacher, you basically try to learn and master your stuff in order to become proficient enough to be qualified to teach it to others. Or, in other words, putting someone else's head on top of yours and then, putting that same head on top of others.

Did Buddha, Bodhidharma, Krishna, etc. first obtain "yoga teacher accreditation" from a certified yoga program? No.

So, if some Joe Schmoe claims to offer you "enlightenment" in exchange for $1000, one might wonder what Joe Schmoe is doing here...

Edited by Kaos 2007-11-01 1:04 PM

Posted 2007-11-01 1:09 PM (#98950 - in reply to #98944)

purnayoga - 2007-11-01 9:23 AM

YES! The word order is reversed.

Also, "teaching yoga" is an action and "yoga teacher" is a person who performs that action.

Posted 2007-11-01 1:22 PM (#98951 - in reply to #98949)

Kaos - 2007-11-01 10:02 AM

I think, the original poster was asking how to be a "yoga teacher". Similar to how to become a physics, mathematics, dance or music teacher, you basically try to learn and master your stuff in order to become proficient enough to be qualified to teach it to others. Or, in other words, putting someone else's head on top of yours and then, putting that same head on top of others.

Hi Kaos,

I don't agree with your concept of putting someone else's head on top of yours. Using dance as an example: I think that a dance teacher (although they must first teach the steps) must "teach" the dance student to find the dancer within themself. The student should not be a copy of the teacher but rather with the teacher's help, find their own unique self. The teacher's job is to liberate the unique dancer within the dance student. That student can then liberate others.

Namaste,
Jim

Posted 2007-11-01 5:34 PM (#98960 - in reply to #98950)

A great man once said:

Both "teaching yoga" and "yoga teacher" are nothing more than words in your head. They only have the reality you give them.

jimg - 2007-11-01 10:09 AM

Also, "teaching yoga" is an action and "yoga teacher" is a person who performs that action.

Posted 2007-11-01 6:00 PM (#98961 - in reply to #98960)

purnayoga - 2007-11-01 2:34 PM

A great man once said:

Both "teaching yoga" and "yoga teacher" are nothing more than words in your head. They only have the reality you give them.

purnayoga,
Although I am in total agreement with your "great man", I was just having a little fun with the difference.
jimg

Edited by jimg 2007-11-01 6:00 PM

Posted 2007-11-01 8:31 PM (#98965 - in reply to #98843)

Me too Jim. And I would think you WOULD be in total agreement with said "great man".
charvaka
Posted 2007-11-01 11:30 PM (#98967 - in reply to #98949)

Buddha was a king before he became monk and later a famous monk.Buddha might have attained enlightenment on his own effort.But became a famous buddha because he was supported financially and patronised by emperors and kings.He too was educated from the teachers of that time.So was krishna.Krishna too was a powerful king.Let us give freedom to be what they are.But there is no problem in fixing some standard in teaching yoga.Most important of all it gives confidence to the teacher and to the student.It is said that if you accept some one as your teacher or if we want to learn something from some one ,we need to extinguish our ego and be silent and listen to him or her ,in that way we will be able to learn from him.We can learn even from an illiterate if we let him teach and we let ourselves to learn.
MOney may not give us enlightenment but it may help some people atleast to learn and know about the roads and methods to enlightenment.

QUOTE]Kaos - 2007-11-01 1:02 PM

Did Buddha, Bodhidharma, Krishna, etc. first obtain "yoga teacher accreditation" from a certified yoga program? No.

So, if some Joe Schmoe claims to offer you "enlightenment" in exchange for $1000, one might wonder what Joe Schmoe is doing here...

charvaka
Posted 2007-11-01 11:34 PM (#98968 - in reply to #98960)

I read somewhere , the apt thing to say about yoga is PRACTISE AND REALIZE.

purnayoga - 2007-11-01 5:34 PM

A great man once said:

kiko2021
Posted 2007-12-14 12:46 AM (#100761 - in reply to #98843)

namaste .....
roypotter
Posted 2011-06-19 11:45 AM (#208729 - in reply to #98843)

Regular

Please check out the guidelines given in the link below:

http://www.ehow.com/how_2047780_become-yoga-teacher.html