Stiff, sore left hip
Johnpaul
Posted 2009-04-06 4:45 PM (#115232)
Subject: Stiff, sore left hip

HELP! I am a long time runner (35 years) pretty much injury free all that time. However, recently I have developed a very sore and stiff left hip that has prevented me from running. I can't be exact when I initially injured my hip per se. I do remember that in October of last year I was playing golf in the cold and rain and the last 9 holes my back (not my hip) got stiffer and stiffer until when I finished my round I could hardly walk. I remember running most of October after that, and don't remember my back or hip bothering me. In early November I had the shingles and my doctor told me not to run or exercise for the rest of November and December. In January I began running again and noticed that the area around my hip and the IT band were very sore. The more I ran the worse it seem to get. I started running on the treadmill. That helped but it still got to the point where I could not run on the treadmill either without severe hip pain. I tried the elliptical machine, but that seem to aggravate my hip too over time. I tried riding the stationary bike and that seemed to work the best for me. I've been doing basic yoga poses in the morning and riding the stationary bike for an hour each day for about two months now. My hip has gotten a little better but it seems so slow healing. I was hoping for some yoga advice to quicken my recovery and give me a little direction. These are the movements that trigger pain in my hip:

--bringing my left knee to my chest (pain in groin and upper pelvic area)
--lying on my back, right leg straight, left leg bent, pulling left knee toward the right side (Ouch!)

I know this is a lot of information but I really could use some guidance here. Thanks. Johnpaul

Edited by Johnpaul 2009-04-06 4:49 PM
Top of the page Bottom of the page
nikka
Posted 2011-06-02 9:34 PM (#208522 - in reply to #115232)
Subject: Re: Stiff, sore left hip

New User

try my favourite herbal snogg patch. it's 6 patch treatment, - 1 patch for 2-3 days, do 6 times in a row.
hope it will help
Top of the page Bottom of the page