YogiSource.com my account | view cart | customer service
 Search:    
Welcome to the new Yoga.com Forums home!
For future visits, link to "http://www.YogiSource.com/forums".
Make a new bookmark.
Tell your friends so they can find us and you!

Coming soon ... exciting new changes for our website, now at YogiSource.com.

Search | Statistics | User Listing View All Forums
You are logged in as a guest. ( logon | register )

Lemon Lush
Moderators: Moderators

Jump to page : 1 2
Now viewing page 2 [25 messages per page]
View previous thread :: View next thread
   Everything Else -> Generally OTMessage format

Posted 2006-12-08 2:01 PM (#71351 - in reply to #71195)
Subject: RE: Lemon Lush

i could eat 'unhealthy' foods if i want, but i don't want.

the concept of eating cool whip to me is about as appitizing as drinking wine which i've always compared to being about as appitizing as eating a tin can. the concept of having fresh, sugar-free whipped cream with the cream picked up fresh from the farm and then whipped at home sounds lovely.

the concept of eating venison to me is about as appitizing as eating plastic. the concept of having roasted red pepper and tomato soup with a lovely salad (i usually serve with a broccoli, cauliflower, and carrot salad with a citris vinegarette) and some good sourdough bread made from sprouted grains knowing that the produce is local, fresh from the greenhouses, and organic sounds really lovely.

it's no judgement on anyone else who does want anything that i wouldn't eat. it's simply "this is what i prefer."
Top of the page Bottom of the page
joscmt
Posted 2006-12-08 2:40 PM (#71358 - in reply to #71195)
Subject: RE: Lemon Lush

ZB- your menus sound awesome! I'll send you my brioche recipe for your French Toast. It's what we use at the restaurant.. it's a fabulous recipe I learned from a pastry chef years ago.. I'll send you the tapioca recipe too. I'll check out some of those other recipes too.
I love checking out new ideas- I don't usually cook with recipes, but I love getting the ideas

ZB- one thing you might dig is my technique for vegetable sauces (sauces made from vegetables not necessarily FOR vegetables- but could be). I've used cauliflower (surprisingly good, creamym white, mild- I use it for "cream sauce" sometimes), carrots, onion, squash.. anyhoo.. you cook these vegetables in veg stock until slightly overcooked (for the onions, I put them in the oven, but covered tightly). Strain the veggies, but reserve the liquid. Put the veggies in the blender and slowly add reserved liquid until smooth. Then, with the blender on, slowly drizzle in olive oil to emulsify it into the sauce. Here, you may to alternate liquid with the oil. The oil is for taste, and to make it smooth and shiny- but be careful using too much. Season to taste (carrots are really good with star anise) These would be great with a veggie "meatloaf"....
We used to have a vegetarian entree that was our veggie "wheatloaf", seared salsify mashed potato cake, roasted veggies, and a sherry-mushroom gravy.. it was really good. This menu it's a Vol-au-vent filled with roasted fall veggies (blue hubbard, rutabaga), mushroom ragout and topped with white truffle oil.. Mmmmm.... vol-au-vents are soo good! You can't go wrong with puff pastry..
Most of the Asian restaurants are pretty cool around here- there are plenty that we order from who do not use MSG at all. I can also order my food with no sugar and they accomodate that. With Thai food (which I love), I always have to ask for them to omit the shrimp paste- which is a bummer because so many recipes have it- but I am allergic to the little buggers- any crustacean, actually.. but man, I love it! I think my favorite cuisines are (and I know there are multiple variations within each country) Moroccan, Indian, Thai.. MMMMmmmmm good..
Top of the page Bottom of the page
Jump to page : 1 2
Now viewing page 2 [25 messages per page]
Jump to forum :
Search this forum
Printer friendly version
E-mail a link to this thread

(Delete all cookies set by this site)