YogiSource.com my account | view cart | customer service
 Search:    
Welcome to the new Yoga.com Forums home!
For future visits, link to "http://www.YogiSource.com/forums".
Make a new bookmark.
Tell your friends so they can find us and you!

Coming soon ... exciting new changes for our website, now at YogiSource.com.

Search | Statistics | User Listing View All Forums
You are logged in as a guest. ( logon | register )

Don't Make My Mistake
Moderators: Moderators

Jump to page : 1
Now viewing page 1 [25 messages per page]
View previous thread :: View next thread
   Yoga -> Yoga for BeginnersMessage format

new2yoga
Posted 2005-11-09 10:03 PM (#36255)
Subject: Don't Make My Mistake

Hi, I am writing because I was absolutely estatic when I moved to the Shoreline area and found that 2 minutes away from my house a center called yoga Cafe /Holistic Tao, known as Dahn Yoga. I paid for an energy checkup and they talked me into a 1yr membership for $1800.00 and off I went. To my dismay I have yet to learn yoga poses and spend most of the class time lying on my back with my eyes closed for 45min or so and basic mainly stretching excercises as the yoga segment. I did this now for almost 3 months, I still have not been shown the most basic of yoga poses, but constantly recieve positive feedback to take $300.00 and up workshops and $5000.00 and up Dahn Healer School in Arizona. The name is misleading, the center teaches and lets you pay to meditate and focus on feeling your energy. This center was once called a meditation church, holisitc church, and I guess over 100 different names, they are under investigation, their style is now banned by the Korean Military, and its Leader Illichi Lee is under investigation for many things including his organization. Their is so much information available out there, I cannot believe I did not look into it, before signing up. Well this is me almost 3 months later, poorer in my wallet, but wiser because I realized just because someone smiles and says they want to help you it does not mean they have your best interests at heart or that they are offering what the logo reads. Just a word to the wise to investigate if you decide to join a center, read and learn what yoga really is so you can be an informed consumer. Oh and by the way their are never refunds.
Top of the page Bottom of the page
kulkarnn
Posted 2005-11-09 10:47 PM (#36260 - in reply to #36255)
Subject: RE: Don't Make My Mistake

Sorry to know this new2yoga. But, now that you had this experience, you will be very choosy in the future about joining a proper instruction. In long run, that will pay you, by reducing small losses. I wish you all the best.

Neel Kulkarni
www.authenticyoga.org
itchytummy
Posted 2005-11-09 10:59 PM (#36264 - in reply to #36260)

Ahhh!!! Yet another addition to our growing library of Dahn stuff!
GreenJello
Posted 2005-11-09 11:07 PM (#36265 - in reply to #36264)

itchytummy - 2005-11-09 10:59 PMAhhh!!! Yet another addition to our growing library of Dahn stuff!

Yeah, I'm beginning to wonder why we're getting all these Dahn yoga threads.

Anyway, word to the wise, never sign a long term contract until you've had some experience with them.  My local studio has a 6-8 week beginner course, followed by a 90 days for $90 one time offer.  After doing that I signed up at 3 months at a time. 

You also have to realize that some of these places have serious cash flow issues, so even if they're decent instructors, they may end-up just leaving one day.  I had a Hapkido instructor do that after I had paid up for 6 months worth of instruction, taking about 3 months worth of pre-paid classes with him.  In his case he claimed that his wife had been forced to take a new job in North Dakota, which I can understand, but he should have also refunded our money.
Jump to page : 1
Now viewing page 1 [25 messages per page]
Jump to forum :
Search this forum
Printer friendly version
E-mail a link to this thread

(Delete all cookies set by this site)