YogiSource.com my account | view cart | customer service
 Search:    
Welcome to the new Yoga.com Forums home!
For future visits, link to "http://www.YogiSource.com/forums".
Make a new bookmark.
Tell your friends so they can find us and you!

Coming soon ... exciting new changes for our website, now at YogiSource.com.

Search | Statistics | User Listing View All Forums
You are logged in as a guest. ( logon | register )

question for nick
Moderators: Moderators

Jump to page : 1
Now viewing page 1 [25 messages per page]
View previous thread :: View next thread
   Yoga -> Bikram YogaMessage format

scoutsmom
Posted 2006-03-23 12:06 PM (#47592)
Subject: question for nick

(and whoever else has any ideas!)

I have been doing bikram for years. I am very hypermobile and have always tended to "pop things out," also have a bad old knee injury that I am sure messes with my alignment.
So. For about a year after bikram classes I would pop either my left or right SI joint out of whack, and it would take a couple of days before I could get it back in. I eventually figured out that it had to do with my hip position in standing bow, and by paying careful attention and backing way off in that pose for a while have completely fixed the SI joint problem.

BUT...ever since then I have had a nagging ache (not pain) in my T-spine, specifically T 9-11. And over the past few months if I breathe deep or turn funny I pop out either my right or left rib, posterior side, by my spine not out lateral. Again, it doesn't quite hurt, more feels like it feels when you really want to crack your knuckles.

I have been to a good PT and a good body worker, who have concluded that my T10 vertebra is a wee bit to the right of T9 and T11, which is causing the problem. But neither of them can get it back where it should be.

All this background to say, I am pretty sure this is still related to standing bow. When I am set up to go into the pose I can see the slight lateral sway in my spine there...but I can't figure out how to fix it. And no, it doesn't hurt so I can't use that as a barometer.

Nick, you have been so great about helping with a couple other tricky things so I wondered your thoughts on this one. Thanks! Deb
Top of the page Bottom of the page
Jump to page : 1
Now viewing page 1 [25 messages per page]
Jump to forum :
Search this forum
Printer friendly version
E-mail a link to this thread

(Delete all cookies set by this site)