YogiSource.com my account | view cart | customer service
 Search:    
Welcome to the new Yoga.com Forums home!
For future visits, link to "http://www.YogiSource.com/forums".
Make a new bookmark.
Tell your friends so they can find us and you!

Coming soon ... exciting new changes for our website, now at YogiSource.com.

Search | Statistics | User Listing View All Forums
You are logged in as a guest. ( logon | register )

back arching after tummytuck
Moderators: Moderators

Jump to page : 1
Now viewing page 1 [25 messages per page]
View previous thread :: View next thread
   Yoga -> Bikram YogaMessage format

SaraJane
Posted 2009-04-19 11:08 AM (#115482)
Subject: back arching after tummytuck

I am new here, and new to Yoga, but will be entering a beginner's program in a few weeks. I had a full tummy tuck and umbilical hernia repair 3 1/2 weeks ago....lots of muscle tightening due to intense pregnancy-related diastisis. I'm recovering well, and was in very good shape prior to the surgery (strong weight lifter).

I'm trying to be really careful about what I do - my surgeon has given me the ok for light cardio, and in another week I can add light weights. I have lots of trouble bending backwards - and wondering if anyone here has a good word about ever getting back the ability to arch their back, and if so, how long did it take?? I've been doing gentle stretches to regain flexibility - meaning, I stretch to the point where I feel some tugging, but if it feels "twingy" I don't push it. So twists, toe touches, reaching up, bending sideways, just laying with my back on an exercise ball, etc..

Does anyone have some recommended guidelines for what I'm doing? Or a good word about recovering the ability to arch your back?

thanks!
SaraJane
Top of the page Bottom of the page

Posted 2009-04-20 2:39 AM (#115489 - in reply to #115482)
Subject: Re: back arching after tummytuck

Hi SaraJane!

I don't know the answer to your question (sorry!) but I'd suggest posting this question to one of the more general yoga.com forums, either "general yoga" or maybe "injuries and rehab", and hopefully there will be someone reading over there who can help you with your question.

J
Top of the page Bottom of the page
Jump to page : 1
Now viewing page 1 [25 messages per page]
Jump to forum :
Search this forum
Printer friendly version
E-mail a link to this thread

(Delete all cookies set by this site)