YogiSource.com my account | view cart | customer service
 Search:    
Welcome to the new Yoga.com Forums home!
For future visits, link to "http://www.YogiSource.com/forums".
Make a new bookmark.
Tell your friends so they can find us and you!

Coming soon ... exciting new changes for our website, now at YogiSource.com.

Search | Statistics | User Listing View All Forums
You are logged in as a guest. ( logon | register )

yogalates
Moderators: Moderators

Jump to page : 1
Now viewing page 1 [25 messages per page]
View previous thread :: View next thread
   Fitness -> PilatesMessage format

groovelite
Posted 2007-05-27 10:15 AM (#87478)
Subject: yogalates

Not sure if this is the right place to post, or even if I've spelt it right, but is anyone familiar with yogalates? What do you think of it? Is it just a fancy name? Courses seem quite expensive.
Top of the page Bottom of the page
OrangeMat
Posted 2007-05-27 11:45 AM (#87491 - in reply to #87478)
Subject: RE: yogalates

I've seen it spelled both ways: yogalates and yogilates. When I googled the second spelling (the way I've seen it spelled more often), I got a link to the inventor's website, with this history information.

I tried out a class several years ago, and didn't quite like it. Was neither yoga nor pilates, and it left me quite unsatisfied. Maybe it was the specific instructor, but I don't know. I tried it again a couple weeks later (same instructor), just to make sure, and yup, didn't like it at all. Was neither here nor there, and I'm quite familiar with both disciplines. But as I said, it might've just been that particular instructor.

Hope someone else can give you more useful information and/or feedback.

mishoga
Posted 2007-06-06 8:12 AM (#88633 - in reply to #87478)

Expert Yogi

I teach this format but in gyms only. I haven't taken a specific certification in "Yogalates" but I am certified in both yoga and pilates.
The classes I have taught are loved by all. It is a nice flow of strong inspired Pilates movements, alternating with static yoga asanas and deep dirgha breathing.
I also add kapalabhati pranayam to intensify some of the static asanas. It is a very strenous practice for healthy individuals. My girls have been with me for two years. They love the class.

I also change up this particular class format as the women are flexible. I teach Yogalates on the Ball. They adore that class but since we only have 12 Swiss Balls I can only teach that class when class enrollment is low.

Edited by mishoga 2007-06-06 8:15 AM
Joanne
Posted 2007-06-16 8:34 AM (#89550 - in reply to #87478)

I used to do a class that was a combination of Yoga, Pliates and Tai Chi. It was truly amazing and a great combination of these different methods. I would think that yogalates would be just as effective.
fitfun
Posted 2007-10-16 7:32 AM (#97954 - in reply to #87478)

I've been taking Yoga-lates and Pilates for about a month and a 1/2 and absolutely am addicted. If you have a good instructor then you will definitely get wonderful benefits. In the short time that I have been taking the class I feel longer and leaner and feel like my body is changing drastically. I've done other cardio/strength training classes and still do for variety, but nothing has given me the feeling that this class has. It's definitely part of my life now!!
Jump to page : 1
Now viewing page 1 [25 messages per page]
Jump to forum :
Search this forum
Printer friendly version
E-mail a link to this thread

(Delete all cookies set by this site)