YogiSource.com my account | view cart | customer service
 Search:    
Welcome to the new Yoga.com Forums home!
For future visits, link to "http://www.YogiSource.com/forums".
Make a new bookmark.
Tell your friends so they can find us and you!

Coming soon ... exciting new changes for our website, now at YogiSource.com.

Search | Statistics | User Listing View All Forums
You are logged in as a guest. ( logon | register )

my leg hurts... ?
Moderators: Moderators

Jump to page : 1
Now viewing page 1 [25 messages per page]
View previous thread :: View next thread
   Yoga -> Bikram YogaMessage format

mummy
Posted 2004-06-06 3:39 AM (#7209)
Subject: my leg hurts... ?

OK, so I've been doing Bikram for a little over a year, and 4-6 days a week for the last 6 months or so.
Haven't been to the gym for a while, but the other day went & ran the cross trainer for about a half hour, a few pull ups... no big deal. felt good.
Next day on the way to Bikram I noticed my left leg had what felt like a high pitched, dull 'whine' going through it, up and down. Very subtle, but there.
Early into class it became clear that the standing postures were making it worse, so I didn't push too hard and sat out a bunch of stuff, which I rarely do.
But now, it's still sore. I'm taking a couple of days off to see if it gets better.
My knees have been cracking a lot lately (okay, maybe I've been cracking them... but it's been happening very naturally)... any connection? And I feel it most when folding forwards, all the way up the back of the leg.

Any body-knowlegable opinions?

And thanks for taking the time to even read this...
Top of the page Bottom of the page
My Cats' Mom
Posted 2004-06-06 12:35 PM (#7220 - in reply to #7209)
Subject: RE: my leg hurts... ?

Can you give more precise detail as to the location of the pain? Also, you haven't had ANY pain up to this point?
mummy
Posted 2004-06-06 4:47 PM (#7224 - in reply to #7209)

Well, it's a dull throb all the way up my leg.
Any my knee does seem a little sore and tender as well.

I can tell I'm favoring my unsore leg when I walk...

But yeah, I have had soreness, mainly in my knees come and go over time.
This could be just more of that, except this time it just kinda came on out of nowhere.

Posted 2004-06-06 5:47 PM (#7225 - in reply to #7209)

So all was well doing Bikram then you hit the weight bearing, joint punishing running and cross training and then started hurting? Those latter actions are why I quit and now stick only to yoga--sure I'm a wee sore when pushing it but it's not pain.

mummy - 2004-06-06 2:39 AM

OK, so I've been doing Bikram for a little over a year, and 4-6 days a week for the last 6 months or so.
Haven't been to the gym for a while, but the other day went & ran the cross trainer for about a half hour, a few pull ups... no big deal. felt good.
Next day on the way to Bikram I noticed my left leg had what felt like a high pitched, dull 'whine' going through it, up and down. Very subtle, but there.
Early into class it became clear that the standing postures were making it worse, so I didn't push too hard and sat out a bunch of stuff, which I rarely do.
But now, it's still sore. I'm taking a couple of days off to see if it gets better.
My knees have been cracking a lot lately (okay, maybe I've been cracking them... but it's been happening very naturally)... any connection? And I feel it most when folding forwards, all the way up the back of the leg.

Any body-knowlegable opinions?

And thanks for taking the time to even read this...
yogabrian
Posted 2004-06-06 5:50 PM (#7226 - in reply to #7209)

Sounds like you've been straining your knees and it starting to let you know to back off. I know this seems like hearsy but try not locking your knee in a hyperextended postion during the standing series. If you keep going on they way that you are it may need medical attention after time. Start icing your knee and back off you practice for awhile. If it gets worse go see a doctor.

Edited by yogabrian 2004-06-06 5:51 PM
My Cats' Mom
Posted 2004-06-07 11:14 PM (#7264 - in reply to #7226)

I'm still not sure where your pain is. From what you're saying it goes from your ankle to your hip and is posterior. The knee is not what you noticed first, in the car, correct? IOW, it sounds like you're having leg pain more than knee pain and the the knee pain is a side note kind of pain? If that's the case, I would see a doctor. Just my opinion -- better safe than sorry.

mummy
Posted 2004-06-08 1:26 AM (#7265 - in reply to #7209)

My leg does feel a bit better, but I'm noticing the soreness seems to stem from the knee.
Taking a few days off was a good call.

Thanks for the advice, all...!
Jump to page : 1
Now viewing page 1 [25 messages per page]
Jump to forum :
Search this forum
Printer friendly version
E-mail a link to this thread

(Delete all cookies set by this site)