YogiSource.com my account | view cart | customer service
 Search:    
Welcome to the new Yoga.com Forums home!
For future visits, link to "http://www.YogiSource.com/forums".
Make a new bookmark.
Tell your friends so they can find us and you!

Coming soon ... exciting new changes for our website, now at YogiSource.com.

Search | Statistics | User Listing View All Forums
You are logged in as a guest. ( logon | register )

JUST LOVE IT (also posted in beginners)
Moderators: Moderators

Jump to page : 1
Now viewing page 1 [25 messages per page]
View previous thread :: View next thread
   Yoga -> Iyengar YogaMessage format

Babsi
Posted 2004-07-12 6:01 PM (#8316)
Subject: JUST LOVE IT (also posted in beginners)

Hey guys,
I have to tell someone my feelings and this is probably the right environment.
I started 6 weeks ago with Yoga after owning 6 videos, which I watched once each, and then thought this is just not my thing. But then we moved to New Mexico and I found a neat little studio in town with a wonderful teacher. I did sports in various degrees all my life, aerobics, bodybuilding, running, swimming, tennis, squash, skiing, cycling, rowing and although I love all this, now I'm addicted to Yoga. I never thought this could happen. If one day there is no time to practise for me, I'm in a bad mood, I crave it. It gave me the feeling beeing NOT quite good in something, BUT trying and learning is good. Nobody cares how my poses look (just my teacher), it's not a fashion show, it's hard work, it's fun. It is just great to walk out of class and feel wonderful.
Even in the mirror I have seen some changes, my muscles look leaner and sleeker, my posture has improved a lot, my upper back is feeling better.
To make a long (or not quite so long) story short, I think with Iyengar Yoga I found THE way for me to keep my strength but gain flexibility and peace of mind. As I'm a physiotherapist I hope that some years down the road I can implicate parts of it into my work.
Thanks to Alex, my teacher, for bringing something truely great into my life
Regards Babsi
Top of the page Bottom of the page
Jump to page : 1
Now viewing page 1 [25 messages per page]
Jump to forum :
Search this forum
Printer friendly version
E-mail a link to this thread

(Delete all cookies set by this site)