YogiSource.com my account | view cart | customer service
 Search:    
Welcome to the new Yoga.com Forums home!
For future visits, link to "http://www.YogiSource.com/forums".
Make a new bookmark.
Tell your friends so they can find us and you!

Coming soon ... exciting new changes for our website, now at YogiSource.com.

Search | Statistics | User Listing View All Forums
You are logged in as a guest. ( logon | register )

forum not democratic
Moderators: Moderators

Jump to page : 1
Now viewing page 1 [25 messages per page]
View previous thread :: View next thread
   Wellness -> Men's HealthMessage format

drragsthomas
Posted 2007-11-30 4:49 AM (#100104)
Subject: forum not democratic

there is no freedom in this forum in this site two of my postings in this forum has been removed with out my permission it sucks this is not good , bad on the moderators bad , who remoeved my posts have to reply me
Top of the page Bottom of the page

Posted 2007-11-30 7:56 AM (#100110 - in reply to #100104)
Subject: RE: forum not democratic

I do not moderate this forum therefore I'm not sure what has been removed or not. Are you suggesting a vote of the membership as to whether the post(s) should have remained?

I would say, generally speaking, that the moderation of a forum on the internet is agreed to upon registration. Furthermore, it seems fairly apparent that a board without any moderation at all is either chaos or anarchy (or both). I am certain there are boards of this sort (as there seem to be boards of every sort). Just that this is not one of them.

There have been, over the course of my tenure on this forum, a smattering of posts that warranted removal. Some of those were spam, some of those violated Netiquette, others were just very angry and disrespectful. I am sure Bruce or Tourist would gladly tell you why the post you reference has been removed.

The larger question is "will you hear it"?

Edited by purnayoga 2007-11-30 7:57 AM
drragsthomas
Posted 2007-11-30 8:09 AM (#100114 - in reply to #100104)

hi , you should have remembered the topic "yoga doers are selfish " , moderaters have removed one of my positing in reply to someof your comments , and also i had discussed in mens health section about some of mens habits they have removed that too whereelse would we discuss if not in this section ? . this really sucks i think this forum is patronising some particular people, for their own benifit may be this is their business

Posted 2007-11-30 5:07 PM (#100142 - in reply to #100104)

I do recall the topic you mention. However I do not, verbatim, recall your response(s) in that thread.

When the moderators determine a post to be inappropriate it is often quite obvious why they have done so.
Again, not having your particular text in front of me I simply cannot elaborate intelligently on that. In some cases they are quite tolerant, allowing several posts to remain even though there may be a theme of leaking anger in them.

Its it your assertion that your post(s) were innocuous and should have remained?

At the end of the day, much like many things, if we don't like the product being offered we simply do not have to join in. It will always be an option for a user who doesn't care for the board, it's construct, or it's people, to simply go elsewhere and be happy.

Jump to page : 1
Now viewing page 1 [25 messages per page]
Jump to forum :
Search this forum
Printer friendly version
E-mail a link to this thread

(Delete all cookies set by this site)