YogiSource.com my account | view cart | customer service
 Search:    
Welcome to the new Yoga.com Forums home!
For future visits, link to "http://www.YogiSource.com/forums".
Make a new bookmark.
Tell your friends so they can find us and you!

Coming soon ... exciting new changes for our website, now at YogiSource.com.

Search | Statistics | User Listing View All Forums
You are logged in as a guest. ( logon | register )

Tight muscles / Weight Loss
Moderators: Moderators

Jump to page : 1
Now viewing page 1 [25 messages per page]
View previous thread :: View next thread
   Yoga -> Yoga for Weight LossMessage format

nana2006
Posted 2006-09-17 2:54 PM (#64623)
Subject: Tight muscles / Weight Loss

I have been told my muscles are tight and that waste does not flow through may body. I understand that yoga is suppose to help this. What I want to know is this. With the waste not flowing correctly thru my body could this had kept me from losing weight? I have been trying to lose weight for 4 months.

Any form of help on this would be greatly appresciated.

Thank you,
Top of the page Bottom of the page

Posted 2006-09-17 2:57 PM (#64624 - in reply to #64623)
Subject: RE: Tight muscles / Weight Loss

it could be part of the equation.

if you eat a lot of processed foods, these increase 'wastes' and things that cannot be metabolized by the body in the body, which can increase the tightness of muscles too as well as increase one's weight.

so, it could be a lot of chicken-egg scenarios.

massage also helps. for many of my clients with very tight muscles, i recommend massage and yoga in their weekly routine.
nana2006
Posted 2006-09-17 3:35 PM (#64627 - in reply to #64623)

Thank you so much Zoe.
redrox
Posted 2006-09-17 5:56 PM (#64640 - in reply to #64623)

Losing weight is a complex issue of caloric intake with proper nutrition from the right kinds of foods, and caloric expenditure with regular daily activity. You generally need to eat enough during the day (starting with breakfast) to get your metabolism running efficiently, but not so much that you run a calorie surplus. And it just takes time and consistency. What does a typical days menu look like in terms of major meals (breakfast, lunch, dinner and snacks throughout the day?) Drinking a lot of water helps flush "stuff" through your body as well. (Eight- 8 oz glasses is a good general rule of thumb. Although I have seen some "formulas" that specify a certain amount of ounces of water per pounds of body weight.)

Edited by redrox 2006-09-17 5:59 PM
tourist
Posted 2006-09-17 11:48 PM (#64657 - in reply to #64623)

Expert Yogi

nana - massage therapists often talk about massage being helpful in removing wastes from the body. I think it has some merit, though getting control of your diet, learning to move your own body well and getting some energy moving around will be just as helpful. Don't get too hung up on that one aspect. What is your diet like?
kulkarnn
Posted 2006-09-18 10:23 PM (#64724 - in reply to #64623)
Subject: RE: Tight muscles / Weight Los

nana2006 - 2006-09-17 2:54 PM

I have been told my muscles are tight and that waste does not flow through may body. I understand that yoga is suppose to help this. What I want to know is this. With the waste not flowing correctly thru my body could this had kept me from losing weight? I have been trying to lose weight for 4 months.

Any form of help on this would be greatly appresciated.

Thank you,

Please let me know what exactly you tried in last 4 months in order to loose weight.

Posted 2006-10-19 2:54 PM (#67616 - in reply to #64623)

May I please have the name of the horses rear that told you this so I may steer those seeking support in finding their dharma to someone else?

Edited by purnayoga 2006-10-19 2:55 PM
Nick
Posted 2006-10-23 3:34 AM (#67890 - in reply to #67616)

Hey Gordon,
Isn't that denigration of a horse's rear?
Nick

Posted 2006-10-26 6:05 PM (#68283 - in reply to #67890)

Yes there are probably horses rears all over the globe taking collective offense at having that person tossed into their midst. No doubt. I've insulted horses rears nationwide and I'd like to apologize to all the Bona Fide horses rears who do not want that person as part of their exclusive club.

Namaste Yo!
Nick
Posted 2006-10-27 3:16 AM (#68310 - in reply to #68283)

Hi Gordon,
Speaking anatomically, and not in any kind of biblical sense, a horse's rear is a wonderful thing-biblically, a woman's rear is a wonderful thing (and sometimes anatomically as well ).
I can hear a chorus of horse's bums expressing their ackowledgement of your apology-now there's an image to linger for a long time

Take care
Nick
Orbilia
Posted 2006-10-27 4:57 AM (#68315 - in reply to #68310)

*Typically female neurosis sets in and wanders over to a mirror to check my rear view*

Fee

Posted 2006-10-27 8:59 PM (#68375 - in reply to #68310)

Soon to venture into the exciting world of Animal Chiropracty Nick ??

Worried about you I am, biblically or otherwise

Nick - 2006-10-26 12:16 AM

Hi Gordon,
Speaking anatomically, and not in any kind of biblical sense, a horse's rear is a wonderful thing-biblically, a woman's rear is a wonderful thing (and sometimes anatomically as well ).
I can hear a chorus of horse's bums expressing their ackowledgement of your apology-now there's an image to linger for a long time

Take care
Nick
Nick
Posted 2006-10-28 3:35 AM (#68382 - in reply to #68315)

Hi Fiona,
Sorry, didn't mean to trigger a neurosis-don't know about you, but I have quite enough already

Nick
Nick
Posted 2006-10-28 3:42 AM (#68383 - in reply to #68375)

Hi Gordon,
Some of my fellow students went on to do the animal chiropractic-It was against my principles-the only students that wanted to do it wanted to fix horses-just so they could then go and ruin the horse's back by riding them once they had done the adjustment. I always felt really sorry for the horse, especially as none of the students seemed to make any effort to slim down-you would have thought that it was obvious for horse spinal health, maybe it is not such a good idea to be overweight yourself as the rider of the horse, but no, it's a much better idea to spend thousands on chiropractic work for the poor animal

Nick
Jump to page : 1
Now viewing page 1 [25 messages per page]
Jump to forum :
Search this forum
Printer friendly version
E-mail a link to this thread

(Delete all cookies set by this site)