YogiSource.com my account | view cart | customer service
 Search:    
Welcome to the new Yoga.com Forums home!
For future visits, link to "http://www.YogiSource.com/forums".
Make a new bookmark.
Tell your friends so they can find us and you!

Coming soon ... exciting new changes for our website, now at YogiSource.com.

Search | Statistics | User Listing View All Forums
You are logged in as a guest. ( logon | register )

help with ardha chandrasana
Moderators: Moderators

Jump to page : 1
Now viewing page 1 [25 messages per page]
View previous thread :: View next thread
   Yoga -> Yoga for BeginnersMessage format

michelle305
Posted 2006-10-23 8:38 AM (#67908)
Subject: help with ardha chandrasana

I am having trouble with this and other balance poses. My shoulders and pelvis seem to be too tight, but my balance is improving. Any poses to help me work up to my Half Moon pose, or postures to develop the strength for this (any others?). Thanks so much. Michelle
Top of the page Bottom of the page

Posted 2006-10-23 11:06 AM (#67931 - in reply to #67908)
Subject: RE: help with ardha chandrasana

Hi Michelle.

Please consider doing the pose against a wall and with a brick (both).
Also you may "do" the pose with the back foot on the wall.
Consider keeping the upper arm, the one atop the torso in the pose, resting on the upper outer hip/thigh instread of raising it. Consider looking down rather than up. Work the standing leg.

Hope this helps.
Trinity
Posted 2006-11-08 3:48 PM (#69000 - in reply to #67908)
Subject: RE: help with ardha chandrasan

Hi,Half Moon or Ardha Chandrasana is a beautiful and very challenging posture. If you are working on opening your pelvis to prepare here are some ideas that will help. Because the hips are opening away from each other in Half Moon, postures that do the same like Warrior Two, Triangle and Extended Long Side Angle will help deepen this opening for you. These standing postures will also strengthen your legs which is crucial in this balancing pose. You can also explore the opening of the hips in this posture by practising it at the wall or a table. Allow your front bottom hand to rest on the wall or other support and focus more on stacking the hips into one line.

For more info visit our blog.

Trinity - Yoga Teacher Training

Edited by Trinity 2006-11-08 3:56 PM

Posted 2006-11-14 3:36 AM (#69292 - in reply to #69000)
Subject: RE: help with ardha chandrasan

Where on your web site (which you've graciously supplied) is the "more" information on Ardha Chandrasana. I've looked and I'm now fatigued. Can you save me some time and direct me please?

Trinity - 2006-11-08 12:48 PM

Hi,Half Moon or Ardha Chandrasana is a beautiful and very challenging posture. If you are working on opening your pelvis to prepare here are some ideas that will help. Because the hips are opening away from each other in Half Moon, postures that do the same like Warrior Two, Triangle and Extended Long Side Angle will help deepen this opening for you. These standing postures will also strengthen your legs which is crucial in this balancing pose. You can also explore the opening of the hips in this posture by practising it at the wall or a table. Allow your front bottom hand to rest on the wall or other support and focus more on stacking the hips into one line.

For more info visit our blog.

Trinity - Yoga Teacher Training
Jump to page : 1
Now viewing page 1 [25 messages per page]
Jump to forum :
Search this forum
Printer friendly version
E-mail a link to this thread

(Delete all cookies set by this site)