YogiSource.com my account | view cart | customer service
 Search:    
Welcome to the new Yoga.com Forums home!
For future visits, link to "http://www.YogiSource.com/forums".
Make a new bookmark.
Tell your friends so they can find us and you!

Coming soon ... exciting new changes for our website, now at YogiSource.com.

Search | Statistics | User Listing View All Forums
You are logged in as a guest. ( logon | register )

Strange Things When Meditate An After Meditation
Moderators: Moderators

Jump to page : 1
Now viewing page 1 [25 messages per page]
View previous thread :: View next thread
   Yoga -> Yoga TeachersMessage format

silkofos
Posted 2011-02-08 1:24 PM (#202526)
Subject: Strange Things When Meditate An After Meditation

New User

Hi everybody,
I m a guy from greece (so excuse my bad enlish) and the last days I have had some strange experiences coming out of meditation. There have been 3 months that I meditate on my breath according to the vipassana Osho describes in the Orange book. The last week I tried to focus to the third eye. The first time i lost the sense of my body and this scared me. In the past (5 years ago) I used to meditate and I had reached the void without any fear or problem.

These days i used to smoke weed every day and at some time extremely fast hartbeats made me quit meditating. I thought that it was a symptom of meditation . How stupid eh? Anyway....in the present the void scared me I suppose because I have been far more attached to common reality through all these years...

When I was 13-15 years old I had some other strange experiences such as numbness in the head and the feeling that I was seeing my self from above while playin basketball or in the class...these days I described the fact to my mother and see said we had to visit a doctor. The doctor said that there was not enough blood to the brain and every time this strange feeling was on its onset, i should put my head below the level of my heart so that blood will flow there. And so I did. Strange excperiences never again occured until the last week.

I tried to focus to the third eye and after 2 hours my brain started to be in the same kind of numbness...I visualised that I am slipping out of my head and something like a whirlpool in the top of my head started to suck all the energy that was accumulated in my head...Then I remembered this state and get scared again in the potential of a similar excperience(what a chicken#@!). The next day I tried it again and the heartbeat got out of control.

Now I read about oboe everywhere and I have a feeling of numbness again all day long in the back lower part of my head. It seems that with every exhale this part of the head gets more and more energy. When I try to do vipassana all the energy goes there unwillingly. I have to put strong effort to drive the energy to a different point of my body.. Is there any possibility this energy to cause damage to my physical body? Should I let it go up or not? It seem that it wants to go there!@#! Why is this thing accumulating in the head?

Thanks you for your attention.
Top of the page Bottom of the page
silkofos
Posted 2011-02-08 6:11 PM (#202527 - in reply to #202526)
Subject: Re: Strange Things When Meditate An After Meditation

New User

Why dont reply? Don't you know anything abou that?
vibes
Posted 2011-02-08 7:13 PM (#202528 - in reply to #202526)

Extreme Veteran

It is advisable to avoid Osho's techniques especially if doing them by yourself and not with a personal teacher. Just do things to spread your attention through your whole self and bring back harmony to yourself.
silkofos
Posted 2011-02-08 11:00 PM (#202529 - in reply to #202526)

New User

Can grounding help?
silkofos
Posted 2011-02-24 4:38 PM (#202812 - in reply to #202526)

New User

I feel really sorry for all of you trying to be "teachers of yoga". Not any one could give a proper advise.

Just for the potential some one else have a similar excperience. Find someone to ground you. I had two acupuncture sessions and the enrgy stopped its ascend...
vibes
Posted 2011-02-24 5:21 PM (#202813 - in reply to #202812)

Extreme Veteran

Dont feel sorry. The advice I gave you is what I did with someone who had similar experiences and it helped him greatly. You should defintely also avoid Osho meditation. It is more of a cult than a yoga thing. I know of a few people who have gone bit looney tunes with it. Im not a teacher anyway. I just help people to learn how to learn, whereas teachers teach.
Jump to page : 1
Now viewing page 1 [25 messages per page]
Jump to forum :
Search this forum
Printer friendly version
E-mail a link to this thread

(Delete all cookies set by this site)