YogiSource.com my account | view cart | customer service
 Search:    
Welcome to the new Yoga.com Forums home!
For future visits, link to "http://www.YogiSource.com/forums".
Make a new bookmark.
Tell your friends so they can find us and you!

Coming soon ... exciting new changes for our website, now at YogiSource.com.

Search | Statistics | User Listing View All Forums
You are logged in as a guest. ( logon | register )

cured sciatica/herniated disc?
Moderators: Moderators

Jump to page : 1
Now viewing page 1 [25 messages per page]
View previous thread :: View next thread
   Fitness -> Injuries and rehabMessage format

penniesfromheaven
Posted 2011-05-31 1:26 PM (#208513)
Subject: cured sciatica/herniated disc?

New User

HIya! This is my first post, and my name is janice (penniesfromheaven) from Nova Scotia, Canada--i have recently discovered yoga on my own when i decided to take matters into my own hands. Six years ago I suffered a bulging disc which has left my left leg numb, tingle, and over the years it has "shrink wrapped" and developed several trigger points. It hurt to stretch, it hurt to touch--i worked HARD on it, trying to release the trigger points, and doing long slow stretching--which eventually evolved into yoga with the aid of a book i bought as a girl-- Yoga mind and body (Sivinanda).

now--if you have read this far i want to ask about a strange experience i had. It was other-worldly. I was in the advanced fish position in a deep trance-like state, and my lower back just started heating up. Then it started firing and shooting all through my body and it was bliss. It felt like trigger points were being released deep in my sciantic root stem and even my stomach was twitching and firing off. My nerves pathways were jumping and buzzing all through my entire body. I could comand this "warmth" to grow and fill my body--then i could let it shoot out through various parts of my body. If i rocked slightly i could send a new wave of energy to that specific point and it would set off these wave-like releases. It was pure joy and EUPHORIC--i felt like i understood with clarity the collective "oneness" of myself and everything in the universe! it felt as though i understood what it was like to float. Yet--i was still conscious of my surroundings, if my dog moved. or the floor creaked i could still respond, but it was more of an annoying acknowlegement than a distraction.

So the next day i went for a 4 hour canoe ride with my step daughter. I can not even commute 1/2 hour to work without sitting on my hand to relieve my sciatic nerve pain. But once i got out of the canoe the next day i realized i had been sitting for 4 hours on a hard seat with zero pain. i feel so liberated, like i actually healed my own body. I still have lots of other questions about changes that have happened to me since started my "at home" yoga classes--but I wanted to first hear your thoughts on my unique experience.

thank you for any feed back
take good care
jm
Top of the page Bottom of the page
Jump to page : 1
Now viewing page 1 [25 messages per page]
Jump to forum :
Search this forum
Printer friendly version
E-mail a link to this thread

(Delete all cookies set by this site)