YogiSource.com my account | view cart | customer service
 Search:    
Welcome to the new Yoga.com Forums home!
For future visits, link to "http://www.YogiSource.com/forums".
Make a new bookmark.
Tell your friends so they can find us and you!

Coming soon ... exciting new changes for our website, now at YogiSource.com.

Search | Statistics | User Listing View All Forums
You are logged in as a guest. ( logon | register )

yoga for weight loss and strenght
Moderators: Moderators

Jump to page : 1
Now viewing page 1 [25 messages per page]
View previous thread :: View next thread
   Yoga -> Yoga for Weight LossMessage format

Leatrice
Posted 2003-12-26 10:18 PM (#2940)
Subject: yoga for weight loss and strenght

I am interested in yoga for weight loss and to help strenghten my back. I have had and injury and need to
strenghten my back and lose the weight for a healthy back. Please let me know what to start with. I need
a DVD or viedo to go step by step on the routine like a regular exercise viedo.
Top of the page Bottom of the page
Shannon
Posted 2004-01-06 10:41 AM (#3065 - in reply to #2940)
Subject: RE: yoga for weight loss and strength

Bryan Kest and Baron Baptiste teach power viyasa style yoga and it burns calories. It is vigorous, and the routines are flowing from one pose to another. You can do all or part of the video or dvd. I use Baron's videos and this one is great http://www.yoga.com/store/product.asp?SID=1&Product_ID=2228
but they all are. Some are longer, some shorter, but they have abs work, standing flow poses for strength and flexibility, backbends, forward bends. Simple clear instruction guides you through working out all muscles, with counterposes to poses to stretch when you strengthen an area. Kest has nice long power yoga videos, with this one being very popular : http://www.yoga.com/store/product.asp?SID=1&Product_ID=2622 . It is in DVD format but comes in video. I use this boxed video set, and you get quite a workout:
http://www.yoga.com/store/product.asp?SID=1&Product_ID=2622
It is wonderful!

brandy
Posted 2004-01-21 10:00 PM (#3290 - in reply to #2940)
Subject: RE: yoga for weight loss and strenght

i read shannons reply and i also love brian kest. ive been doing his tapes for years now. i also have to say that i started doing yoga when i was 17 and i messed up my back because i pushed to hard. i am now 41 and have been doing yoga for 3 years and brian kest is on of the tapes i do but you have to realize when he says take a break or breath thats what you have to do. ive learned in yoga that you have to respect what your body is telling you. My hamstrings are still tight (not as bad as they used to be) and i sill have some back tension , but nothing compared to what i used to have. i would recommend a beginning yoga vide possibly with rodney yee or someone that teaches you to breath into the tension of the muscle because until you learn the correct way to do the postures youll only be hurting yourself. ive spent thousands of dollars on chiropractors and once i learned to slow down and listen to my aching muscles it all started working out. As far as weight lose, i have lost 35 pounds , built alot of muscle ( im one of those women that do that) and went on the south beach diet. so i cant say that its all been because of yoga but i can tell you that i wouldnt have this muscle tone or peace of mind without it.
katy
Posted 2004-02-01 12:03 AM (#3437 - in reply to #3065)
Subject: RE: yoga for weight loss and strength

i would really like to sart losing weight and i think that yoga is great! it`s relaxing and you gane confident i am only in gr.8 and i think yoga helps you in many different ways! i would also like 2 get stronger in mt abs and arms! well thanks 4 listening !!!

sinceraly: ur friend kt!!(katy)
Posted 2004-03-09 11:17 AM (#4355 - in reply to #2940)

Leatrice - 2003-12-26 10:18 PM

I am interested in yoga for weight loss and to help strenghten my back. I have had and injury and need to
strenghten my back and lose the weight for a healthy back. Please let me know what to start with. I need
rajsinha70
Posted 2004-03-12 10:51 PM (#4428 - in reply to #4355)

Guest - 2004-03-09 11:17 AM

Leatrice - 2003-12-26 10:18 PM

Jump to page : 1
Now viewing page 1 [25 messages per page]
Jump to forum :
Search this forum
Printer friendly version
E-mail a link to this thread

(Delete all cookies set by this site)