YogiSource.com my account | view cart | customer service
 Search:    
Welcome to the new Yoga.com Forums home!
For future visits, link to "http://www.YogiSource.com/forums".
Make a new bookmark.
Tell your friends so they can find us and you!

Coming soon ... exciting new changes for our website, now at YogiSource.com.

Search | Statistics | User Listing View All Forums
You are logged in as a guest. ( logon | register )

Hamstring Pain or is it??
Moderators: Moderators

Jump to page : 1
Now viewing page 1 [25 messages per page]
View previous thread :: View next thread
   Yoga -> Bikram YogaMessage format

Cyndi
Posted 2005-01-25 8:53 PM (#15567)
Subject: Hamstring Pain or is it??

Expert Yogi

Namascar and Hello everyone, I am new to this forum. I have been practicing Bikram for 11 months. When I first started I went to the studio once a week when I could (I live in the country) and then I noticed that was not enough and tried going twice a week. Well, then that wasn't enough, I bought Bikram's book and tape and made myself a mini living room yoga studio (its quite charming) I started doing it every day as much as possible since November, 04 and have had some really neat things happen..like I can extend my leg now in standing forhead to knee WITHOUT LOCKING my knee!! and I can even do Camel now - my absolute favorite!! My worst asana is Standing Separate Leg Head to Knee. By the time I get to it my right hamstring especially is sooo sore that I wobble and my body starts reacting with anxiety of KNOWING what it is getting ready to experience. I do this asana to the best of my ability - I bend my knee and sometimes if I'm lucky I can feel my forehead push it. My Chinese doctor did some acupuncture on my right hamstring muscle, I almost felt like I was cheating

I would love to hear some good feedback about this hamstring issue (and I would love to hear about THAT asana (SSLHTK) too as I refuse to give up and my Indian husband says...keep doing it so you'll stretch it out. I just want to know when is it going to stretch out and is that a correct assumption??

One more thing that I have noticed about my practice and this might have to do with my hamstring issue is that when I listen to the words while I practice, the savasana's are too short, and some of the postures I want to hold longer. Not to mention sometimes even the words are so distracting that it breaks my concentration. So, I do it to music and find that I can hold the postures longer and go into longer savasana's so that I can clear out the energy and start fresh each time. In the Bikram method, is there a time limit that I should be aware of as a new beginner?? Is it bad to practice in isolation??
Top of the page Bottom of the page
Jump to page : 1
Now viewing page 1 [25 messages per page]
Jump to forum :
Search this forum
Printer friendly version
E-mail a link to this thread

(Delete all cookies set by this site)