YogiSource.com my account | view cart | customer service
 Search:    
Welcome to the new Yoga.com Forums home!
For future visits, link to "http://www.YogiSource.com/forums".
Make a new bookmark.
Tell your friends so they can find us and you!

Coming soon ... exciting new changes for our website, now at YogiSource.com.

Search | Statistics | User Listing View All Forums
You are logged in as a guest. ( logon | register )

Good CDs for listening, class
Moderators: Moderators

Jump to page : 1
Now viewing page 1 [25 messages per page]
View previous thread :: View next thread
   Yoga -> Yoga TeachersMessage format

mishoga
Posted 2005-12-30 12:55 PM (#39855)
Subject: Good CDs for listening, class

Expert Yogi

I received a few CDs for christmas and thought I would pass on which were good. All of these titles are great!!! Loce them all.

Prem Joshua-Sky Kisses Earth (great for a flow style)

Trance Yoga-from New Earth (great for flow/viniyoga style)

Deuter-Buddha nature (great for therapeutic or meditative yoga)

Buddha Lounge 2 (great for flow yoga)

Check em out!!!! They're nice!!!!

Mishy
Top of the page Bottom of the page
jeansyoga
Posted 2005-12-31 3:53 PM (#39947 - in reply to #39855)
Subject: RE: Good CDs for listening, class

Thanks Mish! Thanks to my clamoring on and on endlessly about the iPod this year, I got a total of $55 worth of iTunes credit for Christmas. I will totally check those out!!
kulkarnn
Posted 2005-12-31 7:32 PM (#39982 - in reply to #39855)
Subject: RE: Good CDs for listening, cl

Two of the best CDs for Yoga Class, without a doubt:

1. Cello - Nancy Kulkarni (I do not get any credit as she was not my wife when she produced this and the only CD).

2. Surbahar by Shubha Silver.

Ifyou want details, email me or next time, I shall details.
Cyndi
Posted 2005-12-31 8:22 PM (#39987 - in reply to #39982)

Expert Yogi

Satyam and I really love our Prem Joshua - Dance of Shakti CD, it's soo good. Dance of Kali is my favorite tune on this one.
mishoga
Posted 2006-01-01 9:46 AM (#40004 - in reply to #39855)

Expert Yogi

Cyndi, if you like the Dance of Shakti CD you will love Sky Kisses Earth. The tunes are great!!!

going to check out those other names too. I am a music freak.

Mishy
mishoga
Posted 2006-01-01 1:15 PM (#40037 - in reply to #39855)

Expert Yogi

Jeans, I took my younger sons Ipod and bought myself a Bose speaker system for it (I teach in a lot of locations that I have to provide my own music source)
I love that setup and the sound is so rich from the bose.
I'm starting new classes over at a local Ballys and they were showing me their sound system and how to work it. It was such a pain that I said I would bring my own music source. it's so much easier to bring my Ipod with my music and just plug and play. Plus I love the fact I can stick the remote in the top of my pants and control the volume os the music as needed, while walking around the room.
I bought this puter program too that allows me to dj all my tunes. I transition all the songs into one flow so there are no breaks. It's great. I pick and decide which songs I want for a specific class, place the songs in order, than pick my transitions for each song, and load it onto my Ipod. it's great!!!!
Enjoy your system. It's one of the best investments I've made (plus I can write off the expense). If anyone is thinking about purchasing this system, go for it. The sound is amazing!!!!
Mishy
jubuliant
Posted 2006-01-07 6:10 PM (#40414 - in reply to #39855)

mish what is the computer program that you are talking about? sounds great
jeansyoga
Posted 2006-01-08 8:27 AM (#40437 - in reply to #39855)

Mish, you and I are on the same page. I got the Bose speakers for Christmas, are they not incredible?? Though I'm overprotective of them right now and don't want to drag them to class if there's already some kind of music system I can use. BUT, they will be the centerpiece of my new yoga studio this fall!

Listening to the Buddha Nature songs right now . . . they are sooooo beautiful!
jeansyoga
Posted 2006-01-08 9:53 AM (#40438 - in reply to #39855)
Subject: more great CD ideas

Two of my personal favorites as of late are the Cafe De Luna compilation, and one called Ellen Barrett's Modern Pilates Mix 1 (Mix 2 is not so good, I only like Mix 1). They would both be good for a more active practice, or just for listening pleasure! That Cafe de Luna one has REALLY grown on me - I find myself using it all the time in class and then wanting to listen to it at home too!
Cyndi
Posted 2006-01-08 11:16 AM (#40443 - in reply to #40438)
Subject: RE: more great CD ideas

Expert Yogi

A few of my favorite artists for practicing yoga are 1) Keiko Matsui. Her album "The Ring" is my very favorite to practice Yoga with. I met her in person with her husband, Kazu. They are incredible people who really understand based on their culture (they are Japanese), what being spriritual is all about.

2) Kitaro is another one. and 3) Nawang Khechog (who is Tibetan) and 4) R. Carlos Nakai.

The reason I like these artists in my Yoga practice, is because their music is truly spiritual and does not break my concentration like some of the others do. It has the perfect tone for concentration...especially Nawang Khechog. Kitaro's Sacred Journey of Ku-Kai series is perfect for any type of relaxation or when you are having a hard time finding peace. Although, it is best to practice without music, sometimes it doesn't hurt because all of the artists that I've mentioned are people who are in the business of promoting PEACE...which is the objective here, to create a peaceful environment. Sometimes that is not easy to do when you are new to the yoga practice or if you're in a noisy place and are looking for a way to escape. If your like me, I just like music...peaceful nice music as an alternative to the silence..which is also okay too because I live in the mountains in complete silence and want to hear a little music sometimes,
Jump to page : 1
Now viewing page 1 [25 messages per page]
Jump to forum :
Search this forum
Printer friendly version
E-mail a link to this thread

(Delete all cookies set by this site)