YogiSource.com my account | view cart | customer service
 Search:    
Welcome to the new Yoga.com Forums home!
For future visits, link to "http://www.YogiSource.com/forums".
Make a new bookmark.
Tell your friends so they can find us and you!

Coming soon ... exciting new changes for our website, now at YogiSource.com.

Search | Statistics | User Listing View All Forums
You are logged in as a guest. ( logon | register )

Chakra's
Moderators: Moderators

Jump to page : 1
Now viewing page 1 [25 messages per page]
View previous thread :: View next thread
   Meditation -> General MeditationMessage format

sistersoul
Posted 2005-09-26 5:03 PM (#32984)
Subject: Chakra's

Last night I had a Chakra "session" and although I was very relaxed and comfortable with the person that guided me, it was not...i dunno effective i guess. I really didnt feel too much.

It was like he was waiting for me to be full of all of these emotions and be like overcome with enlightnement or something and really, other than for a moment when i felt unatural heat, it was really just a relaxing type deal.

I guess my question is, am I missing something. I recognize that this is a process and that a change wont happen over night, but is there anyway for me to dig in deeper and really feel something?

Is it possible that I am too blocked??
I dont feel too blocked...

Brandy
Top of the page Bottom of the page
kulkarnn
Posted 2005-09-26 11:16 PM (#33015 - in reply to #32984)
Subject: RE: Chakra's

I could not understand the original question. What is the meaning of Chakra Session? Chakras awakening does NOT give you any enlightenment, for your information. Chakra awakening is merely activating the nervous system at that point, and is exactly same as activing blood circulation at a given point using massage. It does give you activation, and NO enlightenment.

Neel Kulkarni
www.authenticyoga.org
anya sharvani
Posted 2005-09-27 12:22 AM (#33031 - in reply to #32984)

was it Reiki?
sistersoul
Posted 2005-09-28 3:55 PM (#33208 - in reply to #33015)

Thank you all for your replies!

kulkarnn - 2005-09-26 11:16 PM

I could not understand the original question. What is the meaning of Chakra Session? Chakras awakening does NOT give you any enlightenment, for your information. Chakra awakening is merely activating the nervous system at that point, and is exactly same as activing blood circulation at a given point using massage. It does give you activation, and NO enlightenment.

I am trying to understand the meaning as well. My motivation for the session, was to see what it was all about.

I recently started dating someone who performs energy work or whatever. It is this relationship that has catapulted my research. I am not sure what my personal beliefs on are, so I am really soliciting other perspectives.

I am trying to understand what is supposed to happen. He seemed dissapointed or intrigued maybe that he was unable to sence from me any emotions or issues that i need to work through. His perception seems to be that from these types of guided meditation, that I am supposed to have an "experience" of some sort. That opening these Chakra's, will also open up emotions that need to be surfaced and delt with.

And to answer the other question, Im not sure if it is Reiki exactly. I will ask....
kulkarnn
Posted 2005-09-29 10:47 AM (#33281 - in reply to #32984)

Well Sistersoul,
Then only thing I can say is: You should NOT try something you do not have a good idea (I am not saying perfect idea) about. Whoever is doing THAT with you, should be able to give you such an idea. Otherwise, do not do THAT with that person.

Neel Kulkarni
www.authenticyoga.org
sistersoul
Posted 2005-09-29 11:28 AM (#33284 - in reply to #32984)

Thank you again for all your input!

I think Greenjello is correct as far as my comfort level. I think that has a lot to do with it.

Hey on another note, I'm starting "sport yoga" today. Not really sure what that entails, but it sounded fun.
Thanks again for all your insite...

Brandy
satori
Posted 2005-11-23 10:49 AM (#37342 - in reply to #32984)

Hi,

In my own spiritual experience with chakra opening, I feel warm sensation on my chest area especially the heart chakra. One will know when there is an awakening taking place for the first time. I use chakra balancing with visualisation and crystals to activate energy centers. Some people go for holistic healing session such as reiki to unblock chakras and for what I know from an experienced energy therapist, some patients will experience emotional release after the session. But for others, they will not feel anything at all and if there is any personal issues dealing with the lower chakras, they will resurface and one has to resolve them one at a time. The activation of chakras is a wonderful experience.
belovedofthegod
Posted 2005-11-28 9:50 PM (#37698 - in reply to #32984)

Hello,

While there are a lot of New-Age groups doing "chakra Sessions", this is not how chakras are dealt with in any mature yoga tradition.

If you would like to work with chakras and don't have a teacher who is qualified for this kind of practice, it is best to practice ssanas which help clear blockages and lay the groundwork for working on chakras at more authentic level. Some simple pranayama, particularly alternate nostril breathing without retention is also very helpful and helps with purification over some time.

If what you are looking for is an emotional release of sorts, massage can be extremely helpful. If not something like "progressive relaxation" also tends to work very well.

These are much more useful at the moment than anything that actively engages the chakras,

Regards.
satori
Posted 2005-11-28 10:23 PM (#37710 - in reply to #37698)

Hello,

My chakra opening experience is purely through simple meditation and I have no chakra session or whatsoever. I agree relaxation techniques and massage helps one to relieve emotional stress but some go for alternative healing and this is an individual preference also.
sistersoul
Posted 2006-01-25 6:26 PM (#41896 - in reply to #32984)

So last night my boyfriend and I tried Reiki. It was pretty cool, relaxing and stuff. Just FYI on the status. The yoga class was awesome though. I totally love the stuff.

Thanks so much for all your input
GreenJello
Posted 2006-01-25 10:40 PM (#41923 - in reply to #32984)

Good to see you again. So what's "Sport Yoga"?
Jump to page : 1
Now viewing page 1 [25 messages per page]
Jump to forum :
Search this forum
Printer friendly version
E-mail a link to this thread

(Delete all cookies set by this site)