YogiSource.com my account | view cart | customer service
 Search:    
Welcome to the new Yoga.com Forums home!
For future visits, link to "http://www.YogiSource.com/forums".
Make a new bookmark.
Tell your friends so they can find us and you!

Coming soon ... exciting new changes for our website, now at YogiSource.com.

Search | Statistics | User Listing View All Forums
You are logged in as a guest. ( logon | register )

helppppp
Moderators: Moderators

Jump to page : 1
Now viewing page 1 [25 messages per page]
View previous thread :: View next thread
   Yoga -> Yoga TeachersMessage format

valanis
Posted 2006-03-27 11:02 AM (#47917)
Subject: helppppp

hello i am a fashion student from chile, and i am doing a proyect about yoga, and my user are the instructors of yoga and i need this information:
i need to analize the instructor, the context, habits, needs, the atmosphere, a sicological record and needs of the market
hope you can help me
thanks a lot
bye

Top of the page Bottom of the page
*Fifi*
Posted 2006-03-27 1:13 PM (#47930 - in reply to #47917)
Subject: RE: helppppp

Hola, Alanis ~

Your project sounds very interesting. I love wearing yoga clothes all the time. They are so comfortable.

From reading many posts on yoga.com, it seems like men have special yoga clothing needs for their special parts. If you can design something functional for them you can live the rest of your life knowing you've made a huge contribution to society.

But, being a girl myself and always on the look out for neato yoga clothing that I can wear outside of my yoga class, I'd recommend you check out the yoga clothes that are currently available.

I like the yoga clothing the BlueCanoe.com makes. I really like their tops because I don't need to wear a bra. Their cuts are sexy.

mishoga
Posted 2006-03-27 4:01 PM (#47942 - in reply to #47917)

Expert Yogi

Marika makes some wonderful clothes too, very soft and comfy.

A tote bag that holds a lot is a necessary for an instructor too. One that has little compartments to hold lotions, CDs, ipod, daily planner and paper work, spot for cell phone and a place to hook on key chain, and of course a way to hook your mat to the bag. Yeah it's heavy but it beats carrying lots of packages and bags.

Just bought the Nike bag and I love it, plus it retails for $60, but I paid $22 at Marshalls.

Mish

Edited by mishoga 2006-03-27 4:03 PM
Orbilia
Posted 2006-03-28 4:16 AM (#47981 - in reply to #47942)

Mmm, very interesting. As a larger woman, I find it virtually impossible to get sportswear in my size, let alone yoga-specific clothing. I like crop pants for cold weather, shorts for warm and a T-shirt, all in a heavy knit jersey so that the sweat is wicked away without the clothing sticking to me. As for getting a 42DD sports bra that doesn't look and feel like something you'd use to moor a ship, well, forget it!

Also, I've tried various yoga bags and have yet to find one that :

Is long enough for my mat
Is deep enough for mat, blocks, bricks
Has separate compartments for small tools such as belts, chalk, etc
Has a separate compartment for my kit and for dumping jewellry, purse etc
Has a nice, wide, cushiony shoulder strap that actually stays on the shoulder

Regards,

Fee

flipcat
Posted 2006-03-28 6:24 AM (#47986 - in reply to #47917)

Here! Here! To all these points. I am not an instructor (but desire to be one when I grow up )

I really appreciate yoga clothes that look nice enough to wear as street clothes. When you work so hard to be able to move fluidly, it feels peposterous to put on restrictive clothing for the rest of the day. I prefer pants to shorts even in summer. I just prefer the fabrics to be heavy or lighter for the season. I like the look of a flared leg, but this is rather tricky in yoga, because it is easy to get all tangled up in the feet that way. I deplore feeling like a saugage. I like stretchy and flexible but not skin tight. (Big fan of floppy pants here, but again also tricky so as not to get tangled up). I appreciate yoga clothes that look more elegant or sophisticated a(with good lines) s opposed to trendy, revealing, or something right out of a nightclub. Layers are good too. It is nice to start off in a warmer sweatshirt and then peel down to a tank top during the actual practice when the body is very warm and then bundle back up after class or for a long meditation.

Hope that helps
Orbilia
Posted 2006-03-28 10:46 AM (#48007 - in reply to #47986)

Absolutely Flipcat.... needs to be snug enough for the T-shirt/top not to fall over your head in inversions but not so tight you can't breath and every excess body cell stands out in relief.

I prefer shorts as it makes one-legged balances a lot easier if you have skin-to-skin contact.

Layers are a must.

Easy to pull-on/off is essential too if you're not to disturb the rest of the class.

Fee
shnen
Posted 2006-03-28 10:58 AM (#48009 - in reply to #47917)

I would love to be able to find a tank with a built i bra that is longer then my waist!

*Fifi*
Posted 2006-03-28 12:24 PM (#48011 - in reply to #47917)

Ok, here's my link for the yoga clothes I like:

http://www.bluecanoe.com/index.asp

Anyone else want to add a link to their favorite site?
valanis
Posted 2006-03-31 6:26 PM (#48451 - in reply to #47917)

thanks a lot for all the answers!

but i dont understand the LAYERS clothes, if someone could post a pic it would be great

thanks again
take care
bye
mishoga
Posted 2006-03-31 6:58 PM (#48454 - in reply to #47917)

Expert Yogi

Layering is when clothes (at least the way I understand it) are thin and super comfortable. As the body warms you can start taking off layers, and as the body cools going into savasana, you can put the clothes back on.

Layering: I wear a cotton lycra tank, then a long sleeve cotton/lycra henley, then a short sleeve tee over that. All very light material that absorbs sweat, wicks it away.

Hope that helps.

I meant to come back here and say quality of material is real important (for me). If it can withstand being washed over and over and still holds color and shape, A OK by me. I'd rather pay $100 for pants that last a LONG time than buy $20 pants but have to purchase new ones every two months.

Mish

Edited by mishoga 2006-03-31 6:59 PM
Piel
Posted 2006-04-02 2:35 PM (#48512 - in reply to #48011)

Forum Administrator

*Fifi* - 2006-03-28 12:24 PM

Ok, here's my link for the yoga clothes I like:

Anyone else want to add a link to their favorite site?

I think adding links for clothing is a great idea....as long as they are for yoga.com

Call me Henry Ford
*Fifi*
Posted 2006-04-02 7:24 PM (#48516 - in reply to #47917)

Ok, Henry "Piel" Ford
Jump to page : 1
Now viewing page 1 [25 messages per page]
Jump to forum :
Search this forum
Printer friendly version
E-mail a link to this thread

(Delete all cookies set by this site)