YogiSource.com my account | view cart | customer service
 Search:    
Welcome to the new Yoga.com Forums home!
For future visits, link to "http://www.YogiSource.com/forums".
Make a new bookmark.
Tell your friends so they can find us and you!

Coming soon ... exciting new changes for our website, now at YogiSource.com.

Search | Statistics | User Listing View All Forums
You are logged in as a guest. ( logon | register )

I finally tried it
Moderators: Moderators

Jump to page : 1
Now viewing page 1 [25 messages per page]
View previous thread :: View next thread
   Yoga -> Bikram YogaMessage format

Katz
Posted 2006-05-29 10:18 AM (#54194)
Subject: I finally tried it

OK so i tried it last Tuesday and I liked it but it DID seem a little gym classish with the comments like "work those buns it's bikini season". I also liked and hated the mirrors at the same time. I mean lets be honest, it's great for balance but I never knew my bow needed so much help with one leg being up about 3 inches higher My favorite teacher always teaches us non judgement but it was very very difficult not to judge myself with the mirrors in my face.

Also, at the end of the class my teacher commented on how nice my foward bending is but how my back bending needed lots of help and that is what Bikram does makes you equal. Now I can't stop obsessing about my lacking back bends

Having said all of that, I AM going back I will by no means make it my main practice but I feel that it can help me in some ways. I feel that all forms of yoga help me in one way or another.
Top of the page Bottom of the page
*Fifi*
Posted 2006-05-29 2:18 PM (#54203 - in reply to #54194)
Subject: RE: I finally tried it

My previous Bikram teacher has big, fake boobs, a spray on tan, fake nails and she reads us Zen parables during sivasana. She also thinks she can cure cancer, literally. Needless to say, the minute another Bikram studio opened up a bunch of us left her studio for a gentler, saner place. she's go the binkni-season-reason for doing yoga.

Sorry, but I go mental when someone who's vanity is at an all-time high tries to lecture me on Zen.
Peter Mac
Posted 2006-06-05 5:10 PM (#54927 - in reply to #54194)
Subject: RE: I finally tried it

Katz - 2006-05-29 10:18 AM

OK so i tried it last Tuesday and I liked it but it DID seem a little gym classish with the comments like "work those buns it's bikini season". I also liked and hated the mirrors at the same time. I mean lets be honest, it's great for balance but I never knew my bow needed so much help with one leg being up about 3 inches higher My favorite teacher always teaches us non judgement but it was very very difficult not to judge myself with the mirrors in my face.
I came to bikram with an open mind and just accepted everything about it. I've come to like the quirkiness of it.

Also, at the end of the class my teacher commented on how nice my foward bending is but how my back bending needed lots of help and that is what Bikram does makes you equal. Now I can't stop obsessing about my lacking back bends

yeah, they shouldn't make comments like that until you've been coming 100 times. At some point you need to be corrected, but not when you're new. If they beat you up too much early on you won't come back. My teachers left me alone for the first two weeks and then started helping me get better and better. Now they really pick on me since I've been there 100 times.
Jump to page : 1
Now viewing page 1 [25 messages per page]
Jump to forum :
Search this forum
Printer friendly version
E-mail a link to this thread

(Delete all cookies set by this site)