YogiSource.com my account | view cart | customer service
 Search:    
Welcome to the new Yoga.com Forums home!
For future visits, link to "http://www.YogiSource.com/forums".
Make a new bookmark.
Tell your friends so they can find us and you!

Coming soon ... exciting new changes for our website, now at YogiSource.com.

Search | Statistics | User Listing View All Forums
You are logged in as a guest. ( logon | register )

question for both sexes????
Moderators: Moderators

Jump to page : 1 2
Now viewing page 2 [25 messages per page]
View previous thread :: View next thread
   Yoga -> Yoga TeachersMessage format

Posted 2006-03-20 12:00 PM (#47143 - in reply to #46876)
Subject: RE: question for both sexes????

right, GJ, that's important.

and, if there is an exception, like my husband, i'll be clear about it. "Why did he get a massage though?" and i say "that's the guy i'm married to."

there's an adjustment that i do only on him, because it's too heavy to do on other students whom i don't know, and even most whom i do. when someone asked for it, i said 'no' and when they said 'then why do you give it to him?" i say "because he's my husband, and i know his body better than anyone elses. that's a difficult assist, and he trusts me more implicitly than other students. also, it's appropriate to his body and his needs. I prefer not to give heavy assists in general unless i really know the student." and they say "oh."
Top of the page Bottom of the page
*Fifi*
Posted 2006-03-20 1:13 PM (#47157 - in reply to #46876)

Bay Guy brings up a good point, as do all the other posters. I don't think female-yoga- instructors-that-massage-their-students realize how sensitive and sensual the neck is. But, that guy is a little creepy for not remembering he's in a class with other people, including his wife!, and moaning is a little too personal. Ok, he's majorly creepy.

Most of the yoga classes I've taken do not offer massage during savasana. I think I would like it a lot. Come to think of it, I've never been massaged by a male yoga instructor.

It's really funny how men and women read body language so differently. I swear I must be blind!
GreenJello
Posted 2006-03-20 1:55 PM (#47169 - in reply to #47157)
Subject: RE: question for both sexes???

*Fifi* - 2006-03-20 1:13 PM
But, that guy is a little creepy for not remembering he's in a class with other people, including his wife!, and moaning is a little too personal. Ok, he's majorly creepy.

Well, moaning is Mishy's word for it. Obviously she thought it was creepy, so she's using a word with creepy connotations. If we were to ask the guy, he might have a different word.

It's really funny how men and women read body language so differently. I swear I must be blind!

Just different filters on the same info. It also varies quite a bit from person to person. I can usually read pretty deep into somebody's body language, my brother seems pretty clueless about this sometimes.
shnen
Posted 2006-03-20 3:06 PM (#47182 - in reply to #46876)

I still can't wonder - do you really think the guy would do something as inapporpriate as everyone is making it sound if his wife was right beside him?
laurajhawk
Posted 2006-03-20 5:09 PM (#47191 - in reply to #46876)

I would just tell him "Shhh" and then if he doesn't shhh, do not massage him again. At that point you don't need any reason or policy except that his massage was disruptive to everyone else's savasana. It doesn't matter why he makes the noise or what kind of noise it is; it is disruptive so you have to do what you can to avoid it.
Cyndi
Posted 2006-03-21 9:42 AM (#47270 - in reply to #47191)

Expert Yogi

Or better yet, make a sign that says, "NO Expressions or Emotional Outbursts during our Savasana Head Massages" "If you want NO Touch Savasana, do number 1 really LOUDLY and Obnoxiously",

Edited by Cyndi 2006-03-21 9:43 AM
Jump to page : 1 2
Now viewing page 2 [25 messages per page]
Jump to forum :
Search this forum
Printer friendly version
E-mail a link to this thread

(Delete all cookies set by this site)