YogiSource.com my account | view cart | customer service
 Search:    
Welcome to the new Yoga.com Forums home!
For future visits, link to "http://www.YogiSource.com/forums".
Make a new bookmark.
Tell your friends so they can find us and you!

Coming soon ... exciting new changes for our website, now at YogiSource.com.

Search | Statistics | User Listing View All Forums
You are logged in as a guest. ( logon | register )

Find a Teacher
Moderators: Moderators

Jump to page : 1
Now viewing page 1 [25 messages per page]
View previous thread :: View next thread
   Meditation -> General MeditationMessage format

Dr Sharma
Posted 2003-03-04 10:40 PM (#1474)
Subject: Find a Teacher

hello all. pls, a word of advice. meditation is a wonderful means of escape and a great stress reliever. i realise many of you have formed the habit of 'breathing, listening to sound, music....' type of meditation. i hv a story to tell. andy once wanted to learn how to meditate. he learnt it from a bk. he practised it day/ nite, and then one day, he began to experience beautiful sights, sounds. many form came to him, speaking to him, touching him, it was beautiful. then 1 day, while meditating,he saw a dead relative. it said to him that it is restless and need live again, thru andy.
then, another day, he saw a talking dog, and on another, he saw jesus christ walking with angels hovering all over him. (Sound familiar?)
andy was convinced that he was the son of god, he can now know many things when he closed his eyes. 1 day, he saw the death of his cat. when he came out of meditating, he knew wat he had to do. he went over to the cat, took it under it's arms, and brought it to the SPCA. He told his family members that the cat would die soon and it would break their heart if it died at home. u know wat? the cat is still alive, and andy is admitted to the asylum now. this is a true story, and everone who know me knows this story. i personally saw him in the asylum.

So, please, people. when you want to travel the path od spiritualismm(all types of yoga), u must have a guru.

If i've said anything wrong, i'm sorry. Good wishes to all.

NAMASTAE .
Top of the page Bottom of the page
K
Posted 2003-03-07 12:54 PM (#1497 - in reply to #1474)

Just curious, I am very new to yoga and meditation isn't really a part of my current practice. How does one find a guru? Judging from your post that would seem extremely important and that is something I may want to explore.
I can agree with you because my Christian backround reveals much of the same disturbing truth about what happens when people are 'unsupervised' for lack of a better word. Perhaps if your friend had a teacher they may have been able to interpret their visions before this person percieved that as their reality or maybe a chemical imbalance would have been revealed. That is terribly sad by the way but back to my original question? Is there a listing or something? Do you interview teachers or do they interview you?
Please reply
Michael Diljohn
Posted 2003-03-10 6:56 PM (#1527 - in reply to #1474)

who is a guru, ad why do i need one
Eddie
Posted 2003-04-10 9:42 PM (#1687 - in reply to #1474)

I think Andy was prone to insanity before he began practicing meditation. I do believe that meditation is the only way to true peace and hapiness, however, I do not believe that meditation can cause someone to go insane. There is no danger in stilling the waters of the mind. We are merely returning to our natural state when we meditate. Please take this post with a grain of salt. I don't mean to discredit this person's ideas but I also want to encourage you to continue to practice meditation with or without a guru. Many people have been misled by so-called gurus and I personally believe you can do just fine without one. The only benefit to practicing with an experienced meditator is that they may assist you in reaching your goal faster. Be well.
Jump to page : 1
Now viewing page 1 [25 messages per page]
Jump to forum :
Search this forum
Printer friendly version
E-mail a link to this thread

(Delete all cookies set by this site)