YogiSource.com my account | view cart | customer service
 Search:    
Welcome to the new Yoga.com Forums home!
For future visits, link to "http://www.YogiSource.com/forums".
Make a new bookmark.
Tell your friends so they can find us and you!

Coming soon ... exciting new changes for our website, now at YogiSource.com.

Search | Statistics | User Listing View All Forums
You are logged in as a guest. ( logon | register )

ringing in ears
Moderators: Moderators

Jump to page : 1
Now viewing page 1 [25 messages per page]
View previous thread :: View next thread
   Yoga -> Bikram YogaMessage format

lojo
Posted 2005-02-11 12:24 PM (#16621)
Subject: ringing in ears

I just started bikram classes 2 weeks ago. I love it, but about 8-10 hours after a class my ears plug up and have ringing in them for about a day. Is it the heat? Anyone ever had this problem?
Top of the page Bottom of the page
gogirl58
Posted 2005-02-11 4:38 PM (#16644 - in reply to #16621)
Subject: RE: ringing in ears

Extreme Veteran

I never had that problem, but my advice, since it doesn't sound too serious, is ot continue going.
Of course, pay attention to hydration. I would read the 3 pages of entries on nausea.

I wonder if ear wax is softened in the class? It is interesting. Are you healthy otherwise.

One thing that I have learned though yoga is that few symptoms stay the same for long.
Cyndi
Posted 2005-02-11 5:08 PM (#16645 - in reply to #16644)

Expert Yogi

In Chinese Medicine theory, ringing in the ears is related to your kidneys and liver.  In Bikram, we are working the kidney and liver meridians - especially the liver, but actually we are stimulating the entire human body system.  The liver is what get's rid of and holds the toxins.  When we heat ourselves up, any unbalances we have within these organs just intensifies...so yes, go read the nausea thread and learn about Pitta symptoms - you can go to any Auryvedic website and find out about your constitution.  Drink the correct amounts of water and minerals...and take it easy. 

One of the things that Bikram himself says...."it doesn't matter how well you do each posture, only that you try the right way.  Even if you can only do part of the posture, you will receive 100% of the benefit medically if you try the right way".  The reason I mention this is because so many people forget this small rule and think they have to force themselves completely into the posture at once...sometimes due to looking around the room and seeing someone doing it well, or because our teachers didn't mention this in the dialogue that day or whatever reason.  Please, know this well, Yoga is a process!!  You don't have to master these postures in one week or even one year...it takes time and practice.  If you are finding yourself in discomfort, back off a little, but don't give up. 

Another help is go read Bikrams book...it is the best thing you can do for yourself because he relates to everyone on any level.  Most of the teachers are great...but if you study this book you will be ahead of the game and most of all - well informed from the master himself.  Good luck.

Posted 2005-02-11 7:01 PM (#16656 - in reply to #16621)

Welcome lojo--any relation to Jlo? Sorry--couldn't resist. You say you just started Bikram--had you been physically active before? How's your allergy situation and sinus situation? That could be what's behind the ear ringing. New activities in a heated room, raising/lowering the head, things like that.
Darren
Posted 2007-09-26 9:45 AM (#96956 - in reply to #16621)

After I started taking Calcium, Magnesium and B-Complex 3 days ago, I had a high pitched ringing in my ears. I thought that B-Complex had something to do with it...After I stop taking the B-Complex and still continue to take Calcium & Magnesium, the ringing is still there. I did more research on the side effects of ringing in the ears and found that Magnesium and Calcium could be casuing my ringing. So I am stopping all of the supplements as of today. I will let you know by the end of the week if the ringing has stopped. I never had ringing like this before until I started taking these supplements. Strange that when I was researching ringing in ears I found that most people say take these supplements to stop the ringing.

So read below and I hope this helps anyone.

Magnesium Aluminum Alloy: found in some incendiary mixtures. Acute exposure may irritate the respiratory tract. Symptoms may include coughing, shortness of breath, sore throat and runny nose. If sufficient amounts are inhaled and absorbed, symptoms may resemble those in acute ingestion. Skin contact may cause irritation with symptoms of redness, swelling, itching and pain. Ingestion may cause gastroenteritis (inflammation of the lining membrane of the stomach and intestines) with abdominal pain, nausea, vomiting and diarrhea. Systemic effects may follow and may include ringing of the ears, dizziness, elevated blood pressure, blurred vision and tremors. Magnesium oxide fume is a by-product of burning magnesium.

Magnesium Powder: found in some tracer mixtures. Dust may cause irritation to upper respiratory tract. Inhalation of fumes may results in “leukocytosis”. Contact may cause irritation of skin, eyes, and mucous membranes. Inhalation may irritate the respiratory tract. Symptoms may include coughing, shortness of breath, sore throat and runny nose. If sufficient amounts are inhaled and absorbed, symptoms may resemble those in acute ingestion. Ingestion may cause gastroenteritis (inflammation of the lining membrane of the stomach and intestines) with abdominal pain, nausea, vomiting and diarrhea. Systemic effects may follow and may include ringing of the ears, dizziness, elevated blood pressure, blurred vision and tremors. Health effects of chronic exposure are unknown.

Calcium Resinate: found in some tracer mixtures. Acute exposure through inhalation may irritate the respiratory tract. Symptoms may include coughing, shortness of breath, sore throat and runny nose. If sufficient amounts are inhaled and absorbed, symptoms may resemble those in acute ingestion. Acute skin contact may cause irritation with symptoms of redness, swelling, itching and pain. Acute eye contact may cause irritation with symptoms of redness, swelling, itching, tearing and pain. Acute ingestion may cause gastroenteritis (inflammation of the lining membrane of the stomach and intestines) with abdominal pain, nausea, vomiting and diarrhea. Systemic effects may follow and may include ringing of the ears, dizziness, elevated blood pressure, blurred vision and tremors. Information on health risks associated with long-term exposure not found.

Darren
Jump to page : 1
Now viewing page 1 [25 messages per page]
Jump to forum :
Search this forum
Printer friendly version
E-mail a link to this thread

(Delete all cookies set by this site)