YogiSource.com my account | view cart | customer service
 Search:    
Welcome to the new Yoga.com Forums home!
For future visits, link to "http://www.YogiSource.com/forums".
Make a new bookmark.
Tell your friends so they can find us and you!

Coming soon ... exciting new changes for our website, now at YogiSource.com.

Search | Statistics | User Listing View All Forums
You are logged in as a guest. ( logon | register )

Certified Bikram insructors
Moderators: Moderators

Jump to page : 1
Now viewing page 1 [25 messages per page]
View previous thread :: View next thread
   Yoga -> Bikram YogaMessage format

scrutdada
Posted 2006-11-26 3:24 PM (#70139)
Subject: Certified Bikram insructors

Im just wondering for all of the fellow Bikram practicioners if at your studio ALL of the instructors have completed Bikram's training. At the studio I practice not all have done so. For some instructors they are clearly not qualified to handle beginners in class, but can handle corrections for veterans, others have been practicing Bikram so long they seem just as qualified as the ones who have finished the training. Just wondering if this is common among most studios especially since it takes about 10 grand and 9 weeks of free time just to get certified.
Top of the page Bottom of the page

Posted 2006-11-26 7:15 PM (#70148 - in reply to #70139)
Subject: RE: Certified Bikram insructors

I'm surprised there are non-Bikram certified instructors--that's always ben verboten by Bikram.
scrutdada
Posted 2006-11-27 7:16 PM (#70221 - in reply to #70139)

so was I because I was introduced to the studio by one of the certified instructors and after being there a few months we have had a lot of out of towners roll in and it seems like it is not that common to have non certified teachers.
laylie99
Posted 2006-11-29 5:38 PM (#70465 - in reply to #70139)

All of the instructors at my studio are certified.

It was my understanding that you cannot open a "Bikram yoga" studio, or teach official Bikram classes and refer to them as such unless you are certified. (Well, I'm sure you CAN, but Bikram might just sue the ****ens right off of ya;))

I have seen "Hot yoga" studios where there are various forms and interpretations of hot yoga, including Bikram-influenced classes... and as far as I know, this is legal as long as the name isn't used. I think it all boils down to copyright laws... which makes for a big mess.
scrutdada
Posted 2006-11-30 11:03 PM (#70636 - in reply to #70139)

Well the owner is certified and one other girl, but no one outside of those two, the owner teaches about 75% of the classes, i just wondered if this situation was common or not.
Jump to page : 1
Now viewing page 1 [25 messages per page]
Jump to forum :
Search this forum
Printer friendly version
E-mail a link to this thread

(Delete all cookies set by this site)