YogiSource.com my account | view cart | customer service
 Search:    
Welcome to the new Yoga.com Forums home!
For future visits, link to "http://www.YogiSource.com/forums".
Make a new bookmark.
Tell your friends so they can find us and you!

Coming soon ... exciting new changes for our website, now at YogiSource.com.

Search | Statistics | User Listing View All Forums
You are logged in as a guest. ( logon | register )

Moksha Yoga
Moderators: Moderators

Jump to page : 1
Now viewing page 1 [25 messages per page]
View previous thread :: View next thread
   Yoga -> Bikram YogaMessage format

davis
Posted 2005-02-17 10:10 AM (#17087)
Subject: Moksha Yoga

Hi there!
I am trying to find some information on a form of hot yoga called Moksha Yoga. Every time I try to get some information, I get directed to some studio in Chicago. Can someone help me? What is it? Do they have a teacher training? Is is true that they used to be Bikram studios? Did I spell it right? Thanks for your help everyone!
D.
Top of the page Bottom of the page
LoraB
Posted 2005-02-17 11:59 AM (#17091 - in reply to #17087)
Subject: RE: Moksha Yoga

One of the bigger studios here in Chicago is in fact called Moksha Yoga. It's run by Daren Friesen, who is wonderful, from the one time he assisted in a free class I attended. They used to have a community (free) class at each location, one on Saturday and one on Sunday, so I'm fairly aquainted with them. They do in fact offer teacher trainings - one is run by Daren, and he often has guest teachers as well. Ana Forrest does a month-long teaching intensive each summer, for example. They offer several different styles of yoga at each location. I'm pretty sure that "hot yoga" is offered at least once, but the teacher training would not necessarily be in this style. I think the TT is more general - it's several months long of once or twice a week (I think), and then towards the end these teachers-in-training instruct the community classes as part of the instruction. Each of these newbies has been great, and the regular teachers are wonderful as well. I've been really happy with all the experiences I've had there. Hope that helps!
yogabrian
Posted 2005-02-17 1:17 PM (#17096 - in reply to #17087)

You may be looking for Ted grand. He used to be a Bikram teacher, but has since gone off and created his own squence. He is in Canada and does have a teacher training. I have never met him but hear good things about Ted. His website is http://www.mokshayoga.ca/flash.html
afroyogi
Posted 2005-02-17 1:55 PM (#17098 - in reply to #17087)

Try www.moksha.biz, I found it on a South African search engine, don't know what it's all about though. Seems like they're doing yoga retreats all over the world or so.
davis
Posted 2005-02-18 9:30 AM (#17144 - in reply to #17087)

Thank you so much Yogabrian!!! That was exactly what I was looking for. Turns out that that is the exact kind of hot yoga teacher training that I was looking for, and that it was that Ted Grand guy you were talking about. After speaking with them, turns out that they have 9 Moksha studios across Canada and more opening in Asia and England. I love this site, as a month of searching was solved with one post! Thanks again, Yogabrian. Thanks also for the other leads.
D
yogabrian
Posted 2005-02-18 11:41 AM (#17157 - in reply to #17087)

No problem! Hope his teacher training works out for you! Practice hard!

Brian
YogaDancer
Posted 2005-02-18 6:02 PM (#17176 - in reply to #17144)

There's also a Moksha yoga in Alexandria, VA.
They're primarily Ashtanga, though.

Not an uncommon name.
Christine
Jump to page : 1
Now viewing page 1 [25 messages per page]
Jump to forum :
Search this forum
Printer friendly version
E-mail a link to this thread

(Delete all cookies set by this site)