YogiSource.com my account | view cart | customer service
 Search:    
Welcome to the new Yoga.com Forums home!
For future visits, link to "http://www.YogiSource.com/forums".
Make a new bookmark.
Tell your friends so they can find us and you!

Coming soon ... exciting new changes for our website, now at YogiSource.com.

Search | Statistics | User Listing View All Forums
You are logged in as a guest. ( logon | register )

Best Ever Rum Cake - Enjoy!
Moderators: Moderators

Jump to page : 1
Now viewing page 1 [25 messages per page]
View previous thread :: View next thread
   Everything Else -> Generally OTMessage format

Cyndi
Posted 2006-12-22 11:56 AM (#72166)
Subject: Best Ever Rum Cake - Enjoy!

Expert Yogi

BEST EVER RUM CAKE

1 tsp. sugar
1 bottle rum
1 cup dried fruit, mixed
2 cups brown sugar
1 tsp. soda
1 cup butter
1 oz. lemon juice
½ cup baking powder
1 half pound of mixed nuts

Before starting, sample rum. Make sure to check for quality, it should be smooth and not harsh to the palate. Then proceed. Select large mixing bowl, measuring cup, etc. Check rum again. It must be just right. To be sure rum is of proper quality, pour a level cup of rum into a glass and drink it as fast as you can, repeat.

With electric mixer, beat 1 cup of butter in a large fluffy bowl. Add 1 sespoon of thugar and beat again.

Meanwhile, make sure rum is still all all okay right. Try another cup. Open second bottle i-fxxxx, iffi, if necessary.

Add 2 eggs, 2 cubs fried druit and beat till high. If druit gets stuck to beaters, pry loose with drewscriber.

Sample rum again.

Nest, sift 3 cups pepper or salt, really doesn’t matter. Sample rum. Sift half pint lemon juice. Fold in chopped butter and strained nuts. Add 1 bablespoon of brown thugar or whatever color you can find. Wix mel. Grease oven. Turn cake pan to 350 degrees. Pour mess into boven and ake. Check rum again and bo to bed……………..

Edited by Cyndi 2006-12-22 11:57 AM
Top of the page Bottom of the page
kulkarnn
Posted 2006-12-22 4:07 PM (#72192 - in reply to #72166)
Subject: RE: Best Ever Rum Cake - Enjoy!

I thought Rum Cake does not really have rum in it. Now, I have to go take shower and repeat God's name many times. I ate Rum Cake several times in a restaurant called Hogates (now called 4HO) in Washington DC.

Posted 2006-12-22 4:38 PM (#72195 - in reply to #72166)
Subject: RE: Best Ever Rum Cake - Enjoy

do you have any recipes that would utilize a whole bottle of merlot?

my neighbors gave me a bottle of merlot, and we don't drink and i dunno what to do with it.

i suppose it's not a good sub in rum cake. LOL ;)

Posted 2006-12-22 4:39 PM (#72196 - in reply to #72166)

or, maybe it is. . .i mean, while making rum cake, you might as well make sure the merlot is doing ok too.
Cyndi
Posted 2006-12-22 4:45 PM (#72197 - in reply to #72192)

Expert Yogi

NB,

You and Satyam are inspiring me to write a book which I will name, "An Indian's Survival Guide While Living in The U.S.A.",

Have no fear, perhaps the chef making the rum cake you ate used my recipe....I didn't see much rum going into the cake,
Cyndi
Posted 2006-12-22 4:48 PM (#72198 - in reply to #72197)

Expert Yogi

Merlot is great for Italian Sauce. That's what I did with the last bottle someone gave me. I wish people would stop giving me wine...I don't drink regular wine, I only drink organic wine without Sulfites and/or added sulfites.

ZB, that's one of those great re-gifting items,
bstqltmkr
Posted 2006-12-22 4:53 PM (#72203 - in reply to #72192)

kulkarnn - 2006-12-22 4:07 PM

I thought Rum Cake does not really have rum in it. Now, I have to go take shower and repeat God's name many times. I ate Rum Cake several times in a restaurant called Hogates (now called 4HO) in Washington DC.

Now I know, thanks Neel.
joscmt
Posted 2006-12-23 9:33 AM (#72225 - in reply to #72166)

That's hilarious! I'd read it before and forgot about it. I think I've made a few of those "cakes" in my life.. heehee.. no more though..
Merlot is good for cooking- although, I bet there is a way to incorporate it into a dark chocolate cake- maybe layered with a rich chocolate buttercream or mousse... Or make the cake and then make a delectable fruit sauce with it. I'm so over raspberries and chocolate- BUT maybe a raspberry-merlot-rosemary sauce to go with it.. Hmmmmm.........

We were given several bottles of wine from our purveyors as gifts- neither one of us drink, so we created sales contests for our staff and gave them to the winner.

Posted 2006-12-26 9:49 AM (#72260 - in reply to #72166)

we gave the merlot to our inlaws. they drink wine with ice in it. it's very interesting. i'd never seen anyone drink wine with ice in it.

i do use wine in cooking, but typically i buy small bottles because i make small batches of things. though, a raspberry rosemary merlot sauce does sound nice. rich, perhaps over ryan's bison.
Jump to page : 1
Now viewing page 1 [25 messages per page]
Jump to forum :
Search this forum
Printer friendly version
E-mail a link to this thread

(Delete all cookies set by this site)