YogiSource.com my account | view cart | customer service
 Search:    
Welcome to the new Yoga.com Forums home!
For future visits, link to "http://www.YogiSource.com/forums".
Make a new bookmark.
Tell your friends so they can find us and you!

Coming soon ... exciting new changes for our website, now at YogiSource.com.

Search | Statistics | User Listing View All Forums
You are logged in as a guest. ( logon | register )

Hiya everyone
Moderators: Moderators

Jump to page : 1
Now viewing page 1 [25 messages per page]
View previous thread :: View next thread
   Yoga -> Yoga TeachersMessage format

mishoga
Posted 2006-02-18 6:36 PM (#44005)
Subject: Hiya everyone

Expert Yogi

I perform a lot of Seva work. I love giving back. I believe if you give of yourself with no intentions, karma hits you. But the big thing is your intentions. You can't lie to yourself.

Lastyear I taught Yoga classes for the entire schoolyear (one night a week). We raised over $5000 and I donated it to the PTA.

I now teach in the middle school and have donated 95% of proceeds to their PTA.

I frequently present as a guest Speaker for Senior Fitness Centers and Clubs (Certified in Senior Fitness and Yoga) I think it is so important to address the 55-70 year old population. They should do this to increase the quality of their life. DEEP!!!!!!

This summer I have donated my time to be a Guest Speaker, and Instructor for families who have lost a loved one to cancer. This foundation focuses on children who have lost a parent to cancer. The children go to a summer camp with children who have had similar events happen recently in their lives. The mothers come out for the weekend. I am going to give workshops on yoga and certain techniques to ease the emotional pain. I will also be teaching the children yoga and simple relaxation response techniques. I can't wait. I love it.

I think everyone should engage in kind acts. What a beautiful world this would be

Hasta lluego,
Mish

P.S. Hi all. I am so happy to be back. (Oh, excuse the typing, am very tired and had a half glass of wine )
Top of the page Bottom of the page
mishoga
Posted 2006-02-18 6:39 PM (#44006 - in reply to #44005)
Subject: RE: Hiya everyone

Expert Yogi

AAAAAAAhahahaha, I'm such a ditz. Meant to leave this somewhere esle. Sorry
Mish
tourist
Posted 2006-02-18 7:28 PM (#44011 - in reply to #44006)

Expert Yogi

Hi Mish - nice to see you again
mishoga
Posted 2006-02-18 7:32 PM (#44012 - in reply to #44005)

Expert Yogi

Hey girlie, wat ^?
Love your signature!!!

Mishy
GreenJello
Posted 2006-02-18 8:12 PM (#44015 - in reply to #44005)

Hi mishy, good to see you again. I'd do charity work, but I'll really pretty selfish, so it's not really charitable when I do it.
mishoga
Posted 2006-02-18 8:38 PM (#44021 - in reply to #44005)

Expert Yogi

Green, you gave me a chuckle. Why do I imagine a grin on your face when you typed that
Mish

Hey, what's with the Don Juan? Are you a Don Juan? Hehehehehe
you know I say this joking with ya
Mishy

Edited by mishoga 2006-02-18 8:56 PM
tourist
Posted 2006-02-18 8:59 PM (#44024 - in reply to #44021)

Expert Yogi

True - nothing is 100% selfless. Those darn rewards of a feeling of a job well done, the thanks from grateful people - dammit! I teach free classes regularly, have served on the board of our non-profit studio and do things like leading practice and doing presentations for our social events free. Anything worth $5000 would probably have to go to the charity of ME though, I think

Mish - a little secret about my sig - my kid wrote it
mishoga
Posted 2006-02-18 9:25 PM (#44029 - in reply to #44005)

Expert Yogi

I have to be honest and say that originally I started off with one yoga session with the money donated to the school. It was required for my certification. 20 hours of seva (community service) to be approved prior.
Well, I did it. It was so rewarding I just had to do it for another session. I continued throughout the year because it was and still is an incredible feeling to give yourself so freely and love it so. It makes me feel good to share my energy. I feel blessed that I love to connect with others.

OK, I'm too mushy here

But I have continued to offer myself whenever possible. I am a vessel.

Mish

Edited by mishoga 2006-02-18 9:26 PM
GreenJello
Posted 2006-02-18 9:43 PM (#44031 - in reply to #44021)

mishoga - 2006-02-18 8:38 PM

Green, you gave me a chuckle. Why do I imagine a grin on your face when you typed that

I like to laugh, and it gives me joy to make other people happy.

Hey, what's with the Don Juan? Are you a Don Juan? Hehehehehe
you know I say this joking with ya
Mishy

I wish. I really don't seem have much skill with woman, but I'm working on it. Being able to talk to woman on this forum, and in class is helping a lot. I've also starting taking swing lessons, which is wonderful.

BTW, if you really don't know who Don Juan is, I highly recommend that you read Carlos Casteneda. Fair warning, he is NOT for the faint of heart.

I have to be honest and say that originally I started off with one yoga session with the money donated to the school. It was required for my certification. 20 hours of seva (community service) to be approved prior.

Which is community service in name only.

Well, I did it. It was so rewarding I just had to do it for another session. I continued throughout the year because it was and still is an incredible feeling to give yourself so freely and love it so. It makes me feel good to share my energy. I feel blessed that I love to connect with others.

Which is a lot closer. I've been thinking about it, but never really got around to doing anything useful. Maybe this would be a good excuse to get my teaching cert, I certainly have no desire to make a living at it.
Jump to page : 1
Now viewing page 1 [25 messages per page]
Jump to forum :
Search this forum
Printer friendly version
E-mail a link to this thread

(Delete all cookies set by this site)