YogiSource.com my account | view cart | customer service
 Search:    
Welcome to the new Yoga.com Forums home!
For future visits, link to "http://www.YogiSource.com/forums".
Make a new bookmark.
Tell your friends so they can find us and you!

Coming soon ... exciting new changes for our website, now at YogiSource.com.

Search | Statistics | User Listing View All Forums
You are logged in as a guest. ( logon | register )

Moving to more classes per wee
Moderators: Moderators

Jump to page : 1
Now viewing page 1 [25 messages per page]
View previous thread :: View next thread
   Yoga -> Bikram YogaMessage format

monkeypicked
Posted 2007-04-27 3:24 PM (#84422)
Subject: Moving to more classes per wee

I've been doing Biram for about 9 monhts now, and it's been great, I worked up to 3 days a week, m,w,f - and now I'm trying to get up to 5 or 6 days.

I did 4 classes in a row the other day, but the fourth one was a struggle. I want to keep doing more classes in a row, but I'm running into exhaustion. Do I just work though it or do I take more days?

Thanks
C
Top of the page Bottom of the page
kulkarnn
Posted 2007-04-27 3:36 PM (#84426 - in reply to #84422)
Subject: RE: Moving to more classes per wee

I was about to say 'great' until I read 'exhaustion'. Now, I say 'not great', actually you should reduce if you are exhausting. Or, at least you shoudl reduced the exhausting 'thing'.
tourist
Posted 2007-04-27 7:09 PM (#84447 - in reply to #84422)
Subject: RE: Moving to more classes per

Expert Yogi

mp - 4 in one day? I hope you mean one class per day, four days in a row.... Take a rest. You need it.
jonnie
Posted 2007-04-28 12:37 AM (#84469 - in reply to #84422)

Listen to your body, it is your best teacher.

If you are experiencing exhaustion and still want to practise Yoga, maybe cut back on the physical a little and work more on the emotional and mental side.

Choose a more restorative Yoga class or donate the 1 1/2 hours class time to working in a homeless shelter or charity shop (Karma Yoga), spend the time reading a Sacred text or listening to one of Neel's chanting c.d's.

It's all Yoga.

Jonathon
Andre
Posted 2007-04-30 2:40 AM (#84624 - in reply to #84422)

Extreme Veteran

Why do you want to do more?

Unless you're trying to loose weight or normalize some systems or are going through something emotionally, seems like 3 times a week (of Bikrams) would be ideal. That's what I'm shooting for, anyway.
mishoga
Posted 2007-05-02 8:23 AM (#84862 - in reply to #84422)

Expert Yogi

I do three classes on Fridays, back to back, and I am wiped out physically and spiritually.
Why do you want to do that to your body. I can't imagine exhausting the body and mind unless for necessary funds to maintain standard of living. (Personally I'll take the exhaustion because the exchange of positive energy from these women is worth it. I do love these women and the classes with them. But I'm still exhausted!)

What is the motivation to increase?

Edited by mishoga 2007-05-02 8:26 AM
Cyndi
Posted 2007-05-02 9:28 AM (#84884 - in reply to #84862)

Expert Yogi

Doing Bikram 7 days a week is not a problem.  It is one of the best series of asana's for balance.  It is the High Heat that is the culprit.  If you really want to experience it in a healthier way, do the series in 80 - 90 degrees, you will never go back to those high temps again.

I love it when I have time to do this type of yoga several times a week.  Just make sure you fuel your body with protein and the right carbs.  I take Spirutein's Full Energy Meal as a supplement. 

carlx
Posted 2007-05-02 12:39 PM (#84932 - in reply to #84884)

Regular

Cyndi - 2007-05-02 9:28 AM

Doing Bikram 7 days a week is not a problem.  It is one of the best series of asana's for balance.  It is the High Heat that is the culprit.  If you really want to experience it in a healthier way, do the series in 80 - 90 degrees, you will never go back to those high temps again.

I love it when I have time to do this type of yoga several times a week.  Just make sure you fuel your body with protein and the right carbs.  I take Spirutein's Full Energy Meal as a supplement. 

It was my understanding that you had not done Bikram yoga regularly.
Cyndi
Posted 2007-05-02 1:06 PM (#84941 - in reply to #84932)

Expert Yogi

Carl,

I've been doing Bikram yoga for years.  I did my 90-day challenge a few years ago and loved it.  I'm trying to figure out a way to do something similar again.  Although, I did it at home and the studio, mostly at home with temps around 85-90 degrees.  This is the only way I recommend it.

For what its worth...when I first came onto this forum, I was totally confused.  I thought the normal temperature for Bikram was around 85-90 degrees (this is Bikram's recommendation in his first book), and this is the temperature I was trained in by a certified Bikram instructor.  Anyhow,  I thought everyone who was posting about the heat issues were so "wimpy"...until I went to a studio where the temp was 110+.  Now I have a "clear" understanding what all the fuss was about.

Cheers!

Jump to page : 1
Now viewing page 1 [25 messages per page]
Jump to forum :
Search this forum
Printer friendly version
E-mail a link to this thread

(Delete all cookies set by this site)