YogiSource.com my account | view cart | customer service
 Search:    
Welcome to the new Yoga.com Forums home!
For future visits, link to "http://www.YogiSource.com/forums".
Make a new bookmark.
Tell your friends so they can find us and you!

Coming soon ... exciting new changes for our website, now at YogiSource.com.

Search | Statistics | User Listing View All Forums
You are logged in as a guest. ( logon | register )

Yogic Flying
Moderators: Moderators

Jump to page : 1 2 3
Now viewing page 2 [25 messages per page]
View previous thread :: View next thread
   Meditation -> General MeditationMessage format

Thushara
Posted 2005-09-14 9:58 AM (#31819 - in reply to #31818)
Subject: RE: Yogic Flying

Im very curious now. Is there anybody here who has followed or heard about TM-Sidhi program of Maharishi Mahesh Yogi ???
Top of the page Bottom of the page
kulkarnn
Posted 2005-09-14 10:05 PM (#31912 - in reply to #30076)

Hey Thushara:
If you fly to Virginia at your own cost, I shall teach you how to fly back to your place, with Yogic Flying. It should at least cost that much.

Neel Kulkarni
www.authenticyoga.org
Thushara
Posted 2005-09-15 5:41 AM (#31943 - in reply to #31912)

Are you serious?? Or are you kidding me? I can come to US when I have a project ., Im serious.

Do you know that yogi or the course which I mentioned above???

BTW Kulkarnn its so nice talking to you after long time. How many of your students are in the space at the moment ?

Edited by Thushara 2005-09-15 5:48 AM
kulkarnn
Posted 2005-09-15 9:58 AM (#31958 - in reply to #30076)

Dear Thushara:
If you come for the purpose of your project purpose, then you would not learn Yogic Flyiing. Because, that needs extreme concentration. I am sure your concentration on your project matters is more than your Yoga Practice. If that is true, please tell GreenJello. Now, if that is true, GreenJello is going to call me Telepathic. I am glad that GreenJello is reading my postings even if she considers them spurious, I am sure eventually she will benefit from them.

But, both you are GreenJello try to understand the humor in my past posting. Humor is always spurious.

Love and Peace
Neel Kulkarni
www.authenticyoga.org
kulkarnn
Posted 2005-09-15 1:38 PM (#31984 - in reply to #30076)

Now, I can talk more frankly (I hope Thushara is a girl) due to GreenJello. I myself travel by planes. However, I know Yoga Flying is true, but should not be talked about much.

kayaakaashayoh samba.ndhasa.nyamaat laghutoolasamaapatteshchaakaashagaman.
(Patanjali. 3rd chapter)

On making samyama on the relation between body and the space in which the body resides, and on making concentration on cottonlike substance called laghutool, one gets an ability to fly in the air.

neel kulkarni
www.authenticyoga.org
Thushara
Posted 2005-09-16 12:23 AM (#32080 - in reply to #31984)

kulkarnn - 2005-09-16 12:38 AM

Now, I can talk more frankly (I hope Thushara is a girl) due to GreenJello. I myself travel by planes. However, I know Yoga Flying is true, but should not be talked about much.

kayaakaashayoh samba.ndhasa.nyamaat laghutoolasamaapatteshchaakaashagaman.
(Patanjali. 3rd chapter)

On making samyama on the relation between body and the space in which the body resides, and on making concentration on cottonlike substance called laghutool, one gets an ability to fly in the air.

neel kulkarni
www.authenticyoga.org

Oh Sometimes its difficult for me to understand whether somebody is kidding me or serious.. specially in English.. yeah.. I think it will come with practice.

Kulkarnn, what I cant understand is., that you say Yogi flying is true., YES I BELIEVE THAT TOO. But why you say that you shouldn’t talk about it much? that’s exceeding normal human limitations.. I love to get to know more about that.

But I dont think that article which I pasted gives right info., Ok that yogi can fly we will say., how come a newbie who goes to the class experience the same??? that newbie has not come to that particular state.

kulkarnn
Posted 2005-09-16 8:45 AM (#32091 - in reply to #30076)

Dear Thushara:

1. Why not I talk about Yogic Flying? - I am doing it now!!! It is true and was used by Yogis only when the emergency was felt by them (I can not define what emergency means) and when the other modes of transportation did not exist, such as planes now. In fact, the planes existed long ago. They are mentioned in various texts. And, these planes may not be same as today's jets which take you thousands of miles. But, the planes existed. The word Wimaana existed thousands of years ago, and mean airplane.
2. I am sorry, but I did not read the article you posted. If your article means, TM Yogic Flying, that is an ordinary frog like jumpic and not Yogic Flying. You can call it yogic if you like, without anyy harm. When one's mind is under sufficient control one can manipulate prana aspect of one which is more powerful than the gross body. When the prana is modified in a way where body is lifted, that is called Frog Jumping. If you want to do it, feel free to meditate for such a goal.
3. If you are very interested in it, you should start practicing now. There is nothing you have to learn more. You should give up all other activities as much as possible and meditate with that goal in mind. Eventually, you willl reach there.

Best wishes
neel kulkarni
www.authenticyoga.org
Thushara
Posted 2005-09-19 2:28 AM (#32357 - in reply to #32091)

Thanks a loot kulkarnn.,

1. Yeah I know what you mean., you are right., Even Ramayanaya talks about such things right? Like Airplane

2. Yeh its basicaly frog jumping what they explain. (As how I understood)

3. Im asking too many questions about this because Im quite interested in these stuff. But no I cannot have this as the main objective and meditate towards that goal . But I really believe in Yogic flying and people laugh at me when I say this

Cyndi
Posted 2005-09-19 8:42 AM (#32366 - in reply to #32357)

Expert Yogi

Thushara - 2005-09-19 2:28 AM

But I really believe in Yogic flying and people laugh at me when I say this

That is why the scriptures say that you should not speak or talk about this.
soul traveller
Posted 2007-05-29 6:17 PM (#87725 - in reply to #30076)

I use to do the Transcendental Meditation technique which is a form of mantra meditation at the level of thought. Later I learned the Siddhi's (powers of yoga) as taught by Maharishi Mahesh Yogi.

The flying technique is basically one of many sutras brough out by Patanjeli, an ancient Yogi, who claimed that anything you could dream or imagine one could accomplish in the physical
world.

My experience with the flying technique while in deep meditation - the state of no thought - after bringing in the 'flying sutra', was that one expected, at that instant, fully to 'fly' or take off.
The result however was what one observes as 'hopping'....but this has no relation to one's inner state when one normally only intends to jump in the air.

The Sutra for flying is in any book freely availabe that lists the sutras for the powers of yoga or 'siddhi's'. However the sutra must be delivered or thought in a state of pure/innocent state of consciousness otherwise known as the transcendental state (deep meditation).
tourist
Posted 2007-05-29 7:40 PM (#87736 - in reply to #87725)

Expert Yogi

Hi ST - do you still practice TM?
kulkarnn
Posted 2007-05-29 10:31 PM (#87757 - in reply to #87725)

===> te samaadhaavupasargaa vyutthaane sidhdhayaH.... they are 'extra ordinary capabilites' while in the extrovert state, but are obstacles in the (path to) Samaadhi.... Patanjali

soul traveller - 2007-05-29 6:17 PM

I use to do the Transcendental Meditation technique which is a form of mantra meditation at the level of thought. Later I learned the Siddhi's (powers of yoga) as taught by Maharishi Mahesh Yogi.

The flying technique is basically one of many sutras brough out by Patanjeli, an ancient Yogi, who claimed that anything you could dream or imagine one could accomplish in the physical
world.

My experience with the flying technique while in deep meditation - the state of no thought - after bringing in the 'flying sutra', was that one expected, at that instant, fully to 'fly' or take off.
The result however was what one observes as 'hopping'....but this has no relation to one's inner state when one normally only intends to jump in the air.

The Sutra for flying is in any book freely availabe that lists the sutras for the powers of yoga or 'siddhi's'. However the sutra must be delivered or thought in a state of pure/innocent state of consciousness otherwise known as the transcendental state (deep meditation).
Bob
Posted 2007-05-30 12:37 AM (#87761 - in reply to #87757)

Every religious has “flying people”. It was always the dream of humanity and a sign of holiness.
soul traveller
Posted 2007-05-30 1:05 AM (#87764 - in reply to #87736)

I did TM it for over 12 years but since then I have moved on to a more of what I would consider a spiritual path. Most of what I do now involves contemplation on the sound and light.

Doing the flying thing was enjoyable but as all things in life 'the things that you spend your time on is where your development will be'. So I figured that learning to 'fly or levitate' would be interesting but maybe not that important!

Edited by soul traveller 2007-05-30 1:28 AM
soul traveller
Posted 2007-05-30 1:14 AM (#87765 - in reply to #87757)

I feel that developing any power can be a distraction away from one's true path....mostly because it takes way too long to perfect.

Edited by soul traveller 2007-05-30 1:15 AM
soul traveller
Posted 2007-05-30 1:56 AM (#87769 - in reply to #87736)

Yes! but the movement to different planes of action gives one the ability to burn off more karma and evolve faster spiritually.
Bob
Posted 2007-05-30 2:32 AM (#87772 - in reply to #87769)

soul traveller - 2007-05-30 1:56 AM

....but the movement to different planes of action gives one the ability to burn off more karma and evolve faster spiritually.
???
kulkarnn
Posted 2007-05-30 8:05 AM (#87790 - in reply to #87769)

soul traveller - 2007-05-30 1:56 AM

I feel that developing any power can be a distraction away from one's true path....mostly because it takes way too long to perfect.

====> Now, you are talking!!!

Yes! but the movement to different planes of action gives one the ability to burn off more karma and evolve faster spiritually.

===> That is true only if you do not create more karma while doing so.

jonnie
Posted 2007-05-30 8:20 AM (#87793 - in reply to #30076)

Exactly.

This is why the teachers of these techniques always insist on specific prerequisite's before initiation.

I had to follow a lacto-vegetarian diet and abstain from alcohol, drugs and sexual relations (outside of marriage) for six months before my initiation as well as vowing to continue to abstain from them after as well.

Jonathon

tweeva
Posted 2007-05-30 11:41 AM (#87817 - in reply to #87793)

Veteran

What is described as "siddhis" in yogic terms is real, yet also depends on one's perception of reality. What is this "reality" thing anyway? It is maya and siddhis are not different. Chasing after, or wielding what some refer to as "supernatural powers" will lead one away from the ultimate goal. With great powers comes great responsibility and wielding them builds up great karma accordingly.
Siddhis come along on the path. The true yogi will see them for what they are.
Bottom line: forget about them and follow the advice given in the scriptures.

Your humble layman-in-the-yoga-world,
Tw
soul traveller
Posted 2007-05-31 2:04 AM (#87939 - in reply to #87790)

I guess what I really mean is that if you are burning off karma under the protection/guidance of a true master it becomes faster.

e.g If your karma is that you are to experience a car crash, it is possible to experience the event on the astral plane thereby avoiding the inconvenience/trauma of the experience in the physical world.
soul traveller
Posted 2007-05-31 2:20 AM (#87940 - in reply to #87772)

It is possible to reduce one's karmic debt load in the dream state. Usually with the assistance of a true master.
soul traveller
Posted 2007-05-31 2:33 AM (#87941 - in reply to #31819)

Yes I have! I have been instructed in the Maharishi TM Siddhi's program and I practiced the techniques for a number of years.
kulkarnn
Posted 2007-05-31 3:38 PM (#88037 - in reply to #87940)

soul traveller - 2007-05-31 2:20 AM

It is possible to reduce one's karmic debt load in the dream state. Usually with the assistance of a true master.

True Master is truely not interested in doing this. True master may do it in a rare case, but does not do this as a regular practice.
Bay Guy
Posted 2007-05-31 9:45 PM (#88078 - in reply to #87793)

Expert Yogi

jonnie - 2007-05-30 8:20 AM Exactly. I had to follow a lacto-vegetarian diet and abstain from alcohol, drugs and sexual relations (outside of marriage) for six months before my initiation as well as vowing to continue to abstain from them after as well. Jonathon

uuuhhh ... I imagine that your wife is pleased that you abstain from extramarital sexual relations...

..bg

Jump to page : 1 2 3
Now viewing page 2 [25 messages per page]
Jump to forum :
Search this forum
Printer friendly version
E-mail a link to this thread

(Delete all cookies set by this site)