YogiSource.com my account | view cart | customer service
 Search:    
Welcome to the new Yoga.com Forums home!
For future visits, link to "http://www.YogiSource.com/forums".
Make a new bookmark.
Tell your friends so they can find us and you!

Coming soon ... exciting new changes for our website, now at YogiSource.com.

Search | Statistics | User Listing View All Forums
You are logged in as a guest. ( logon | register )

Master Class
Moderators: Moderators

Jump to page : 1
Now viewing page 1 [25 messages per page]
View previous thread :: View next thread
   Yoga -> Bikram YogaMessage format

saigon71
Posted 2011-01-28 9:19 AM (#202429)
Subject: Master Class

I am taking a Master Class with Lynn Whitlow tonight with a little trepidation because when I got to the 9 AM yesterday, there were only 3 people and the instructor asked if we minded if he popped the CD in so we could all practice together. OMG, the CD is so much harder than class has been lately, Blikram holds you in poses FOREVER. I am feeling a little tender today and worried that Lynn is going to kick some serious ass tonight. Pray for me.
Top of the page Bottom of the page
martie
Posted 2011-01-28 2:48 PM (#202430 - in reply to #202429)
Subject: RE: Master Class

Don't be nervous Lynn is lovely and her masterclass is fantastic!! As soon as you start you'll forget all your aches and pains (until the next day :S). Enjoy.
saigon71
Posted 2011-01-28 10:15 PM (#202434 - in reply to #202429)
Subject: Re: Master Class

She kicked some serious ass. I want to go the posture clinic tomorrow but I don't know if I can go through another class like that so soon after. It was amazing though, my Triangle improved dramatically.
martie
Posted 2011-01-29 2:50 PM (#202440 - in reply to #202434)

Do it! Sounds like the same kind of format as the one I did. 2hr masterclass one day, then a posture clinic the next. When I did the clinic it was just sitting around talking and watching (if you didn't want to show her your postures).
lockdaknee
Posted 2011-01-29 3:27 PM (#202441 - in reply to #202429)

Regular

It will be hard in some ways but you feel like a million dollars afterward.
saigon71
Posted 2011-01-30 12:29 PM (#202444 - in reply to #202429)

We did a 5:30 PM class and then a 9 AM class followed by a 5 hour discussion of postures. I actually was having muscles spasms during the discussion, but you were both right it, was totally worth it. She is so knowledgeable and I feel like I have so much work to do on my practice. She actually told me to ignore the dialogue in the last head to knee posture, not to bend my knee to get forehead contact and to work on just getting the leg flat on the ground, I was blown away - I thought the dialogue was king. It was very liberating. I loved her presentation, she was so inspiring.

Edited by saigon71 2011-01-30 12:30 PM

Posted 2011-02-04 9:10 PM (#202479 - in reply to #202429)

I'm so glad you made it to the class and the discussion!

Of course, now I am dying to know WHY Lynn told you not to put your forehead on your knee in "head to knee" this-is-not-a-stretching-pose-it-is-a-compression-pose. Can you describe your posture and repeat the explanation?

This is thedancingj.

Edited by theconfusedj 2011-02-04 9:11 PM

Posted 2011-02-18 11:34 AM (#202730 - in reply to #202429)
Subject: RE: Master Class

When Lynn visited our studio she was very adamant about not moving on until the form was precise. We kept trying to cut deals with her for example, "if my foot is slightly angled during bow is that okay because that's the only way I can charge forward" and she was getting frustrated with us trying to cut these corners. And then other things that we are taught to do, such as keeping our wrists straight, she told us to not pay so much attention to. She expressed adjustments that were more important to her i.e. Keeping your leg flat rather than touching your forehead, that we are not taught on a daily basis. It was interesting! I feel fortunate to have had the opportunity with her and I also improved the most on triangle.
Jump to page : 1
Now viewing page 1 [25 messages per page]
Jump to forum :
Search this forum
Printer friendly version
E-mail a link to this thread

(Delete all cookies set by this site)