YogiSource.com my account | view cart | customer service
 Search:    
Welcome to the new Yoga.com Forums home!
For future visits, link to "http://www.YogiSource.com/forums".
Make a new bookmark.
Tell your friends so they can find us and you!

Coming soon ... exciting new changes for our website, now at YogiSource.com.

Search | Statistics | User Listing View All Forums
You are logged in as a guest. ( logon | register )

Detox through bikram yoga
Moderators: Moderators

Jump to page : 1
Now viewing page 1 [25 messages per page]
View previous thread :: View next thread
   Yoga -> Bikram YogaMessage format

docnamrata81
Posted 2011-02-25 12:23 PM (#202829)
Subject: Detox through bikram yoga

hello
I joined bikram yoga practice last August, but have been regular only since Jan of this year.After started going there regularly, I have finally started to see some weight loss(hallaluyah!). But lately, I have also started experiencing headaches associated with it.It has happened only since I have started losing wt .
Am I detoxifying?Is that what is happening?I used to get similar headaches in the beginining, then I started drinking Power Zero and take electrolyte tablets after class, and my headaches went away. I am still doing those things.No other major change.I do not think I am dehydrated. So why the headaches??
Please help.
Top of the page Bottom of the page

Posted 2011-02-25 1:26 PM (#202831 - in reply to #202829)
Subject: RE: Detox through bikram yoga

To detox means that you are overcoming a physical addiction to drugs or alcohol. You cannot cleanse or "detox" your body through fasting, diets, enemas, or sweating. (The human body is self cleaning. That is what your liver and kidneys do.)

Your headaches are most likely a result of dehydration.

When you say that you are losing weight, do you know whether you are losing fat or fluids? (You probably are not losing muscle as regular Bikram practice normally builds muscle.)

It is possible that you are losing weight and are dehydrated because you are losing more fluid than you are consuming.

I am NOT a medical professional, I am a yoga teacher. If your headaches continue or you feel that you need a medical opinion, please see a qualified health care professional.

Top of the page Bottom of the page
Jump to page : 1
Now viewing page 1 [25 messages per page]
Jump to forum :
Search this forum
Printer friendly version
E-mail a link to this thread

(Delete all cookies set by this site)