YogiSource.com my account | view cart | customer service
 Search:    
Welcome to the new Yoga.com Forums home!
For future visits, link to "http://www.YogiSource.com/forums".
Make a new bookmark.
Tell your friends so they can find us and you!

Coming soon ... exciting new changes for our website, now at YogiSource.com.

Search | Statistics | User Listing View All Forums
You are logged in as a guest. ( logon | register )

Perfection
Moderators: Moderators

Jump to page : 1
Now viewing page 1 [25 messages per page]
View previous thread :: View next thread
   Fitness -> General FitnessMessage format

Titan
Posted 2011-03-12 3:15 PM (#204448)
Subject: Perfection

New User

I have been in yoga for a week and yet I am better then most people that have been doing it for years. I have been in gymnastics for 6 years and judo for 2. My flexibility is fantastic. Strength is amazing, and I__Feel__Good. This is a perfect workout to increase your perfection.
1.) First jog at a steady speed for around 1/3 miles. This is perfect to warm the body up. You might be able to jog more, but this workout should be calming, not pushing yourself. If anyone says that you can not get better if you don't push yourself, they're wrong.
2.) Splits, all of them now. Splits are mandatory for increasing ones flexibility. And if you don't know what a split is, look it up on youtube, then go sit in a corner. Work on all 6 splits for around 2 minutes each, totaling up to 12 minutes.
3.) Handstand. A handstand is an amazing arm realization exercise. You will never see your arms true potential if you never work on your handstands. Try doing a handstand up against a wall ten times a day for 20 seconds each. (Check the side of the wall for nails sticking out.) If you can't do it, Have someone hold you up in the position(not against a wall)
4.) Tiny squats. these are an exercise I have created over the past years. You go down like your doing a squat, but you only go down an inch or two. These are safe to do and kinda easy. And they are perfect for quickly feeling results while working out. Trust me, they are good.
5.) Short squats. Another Mod I have created, these you go all the way down so your sitting on your heels, and you go up only 2-3 inches up. Then you go all the way down again, do this 20+ times.
6.) Find a Vertical bar, or a chinup/pullup bar. Hang from it. (Do not freaken hang yourself, hold on to it with your hands and don't touch the floor)
Hold the position for around 25 seconds.
7.) Cat/Cow position 8 minutes.
8.) Standing forward bend 8+ minutes.
9.) Bow pose 2-3 minutes
10.) Extended puppy pose 2-3 minutes as well.
11.) Plow pose 2 minutes (I like to do this pose over and over again)
12.) And to finish it off, do a Camel pose for a minute and stretch out the back using Cobra pose, and Child's pose for 2-5 minutes.

Note** When doing the splits, do not bounce up and down, this is very dangerous and can cause serious harm to your legs.

If you have any comments/ questions, I will answer them if you send a message to myself. And I can give free custom workouts.
Top of the page Bottom of the page
Hazardousromance
Posted 2011-03-25 4:49 PM (#207977 - in reply to #204448)
Subject: Re: Perfection

Sounds like a really good program for flexibility . If you want a better level of fitness then i would recommend incorporating more cardiovascular exercises, it's up to you.
callofsedona
Posted 2014-09-08 11:21 PM (#211659 - in reply to #204448)
Subject: Re: Perfection

Veteran

Nice read buddy, thanks.
Jump to page : 1
Now viewing page 1 [25 messages per page]
Jump to forum :
Search this forum
Printer friendly version
E-mail a link to this thread

(Delete all cookies set by this site)