YogiSource.com my account | view cart | customer service
 Search:    
Welcome to the new Yoga.com Forums home!
For future visits, link to "http://www.YogiSource.com/forums".
Make a new bookmark.
Tell your friends so they can find us and you!

Coming soon ... exciting new changes for our website, now at YogiSource.com.

Search | Statistics | User Listing View All Forums
You are logged in as a guest. ( logon | register )

Sweat in Eyes
Moderators: Moderators

Jump to page : 1
Now viewing page 1 [25 messages per page]
View previous thread :: View next thread
   Yoga -> Bikram YogaMessage format

Thisisdan
Posted 2011-05-19 7:17 AM (#208430)
Subject: Sweat in Eyes

New User

Hi Guys,

I'm just wondering if anyone has a problem with sweat getting into their eyes. I sweat profusely during Bikram Yoga and during poses such as rabbit a stream of sweat runs into my face which makes my eyes bloodshot for the rest of the day.

It's not so bad during the class as I can just wipe the sweat out of my eyes when I come out of the posture. But afterward my eyes are bloodshot for the rest of the day.

I have tried using eye drops which have helped somewhat. But I would be interested to see if anyone has any other tips.

Thanks,
Dan.
Top of the page Bottom of the page
flyingmonkey
Posted 2011-05-20 3:00 AM (#208437 - in reply to #208430)
Subject: Re: Sweat in Eyes

Regular

Try using an absorbent head band to catch the sweat to stop it getting in your eyes and do not wear any deodorants, perfumes, moisturizers....or anything on your skin as these will mix with the sweat and irritate your eyes.
Eye drops should not be used on a long term basis........check the label and with a doctor....
jaybird123
Posted 2011-06-01 10:09 PM (#208517 - in reply to #208430)

Regular

I take a shower before class to wash any dry sweat/salt off my skin that has accumulated. After class I take another shower and flush my eyes under the water. That works well for me.
jimcarter
Posted 2011-06-07 2:24 PM (#208558 - in reply to #208430)

I was also suffering form same problem then I use to take bowl of water and pour my into it and do exercise of closing and opening eyes, due to this it has overcome the sweat in eyes and also it kept my eyes cool and good.
bennerdan
Posted 2011-09-18 3:33 PM (#209247 - in reply to #208430)
Subject: RE: Sweat in Eyes

Yes. I have / had the same / similar problem.

No one has mentioned this, so I guess I'll be the a**hole to say this: but it will pass with time...

At least when I started it was constant...

When I started it used to burn, but now it's just occassionally. I'm not sure what foods set it off, but I'd guess it'd be salty things and vinegary things. Probably meat too. I've had weeks where I'd eaten healthily or close to vegetarian, I'd do a class, and no problem with the sweat.

Also, I discovered this from living at the beach... Trimming your eyebrows will move water faster off to the side. Shorter the better, but don't go Bob Geldolf in The Wall.

And in my experience wiping led to more irritation. Ill softly blot.

My situation isn't bloodshot, but a glazey feeling for a day or two afterward. I used to think it was relaxation or muscles or something, but there's something in my eye water or something has burned my eyes. When I feel it, I usually have to clear mucus once or twice before it clears up.

I try to rinse my eyes after class and a few times after that.

Edited by bennerdan 2011-09-18 3:34 PM
jwilliams1
Posted 2012-04-26 11:00 PM (#210424 - in reply to #208430)
Subject: RE: Sweat in Eyes

New User

This just happened to me yesterday (as well as all other days) and I come home with blood shot eyes as well.

I like the recommendation about using a headband, but I'm not sure I can get past the image of myself wearing a headband! Maybe one day I'll have to give it a shot

Edited by jwilliams1 2012-04-26 11:02 PM
callofsedona
Posted 2013-11-25 12:35 AM (#211023 - in reply to #208430)

Veteran

Eyes can't sweat... it might be watering eyes. That probably means you're allergic to whatever is making your eyes water.
Jump to page : 1
Now viewing page 1 [25 messages per page]
Jump to forum :
Search this forum
Printer friendly version
E-mail a link to this thread

(Delete all cookies set by this site)