YogiSource.com my account | view cart | customer service
 Search:    
Welcome to the new Yoga.com Forums home!
For future visits, link to "http://www.YogiSource.com/forums".
Make a new bookmark.
Tell your friends so they can find us and you!

Coming soon ... exciting new changes for our website, now at YogiSource.com.

Search | Statistics | User Listing View All Forums
You are logged in as a guest. ( logon | register )

What Am I Doing Wrong?
Moderators: Moderators

Jump to page : 1
Now viewing page 1 [25 messages per page]
View previous thread :: View next thread
   Yoga -> Yoga TeachersMessage format

djouxxe
Posted 2011-10-19 5:27 PM (#209374)
Subject: What Am I Doing Wrong?

New User

Hi there, I have been teaching for over one year now and practising for ten years. I love teaching yoga. But my classes just aren't filling up. People tell me they enjoy them, people tell me they will come...but they don't.
There is another teacher who's class is always filled, she is probably 15 years older then me, something she is doing clicks, and something I am doing just doesn't. I'm 31 and I feel that I have found something that I do well, and want to keep doing, always evolving and improving. I have a few regulars but my classes are never full. It's hard to not get discouraged. Advice, opinions, encouragement...anything is appreciated!!
Top of the page Bottom of the page
Dacite
Posted 2011-10-20 12:40 PM (#209382 - in reply to #209374)
Subject: Re: What Am I Doing Wrong?

Regular

There might be many reasons. Your class may be in not convenient days or hours. People might be coming to another teacher for many years, so they want to continue with the same instructor.
There is no need to please everybody, your style is your style. It can take time and marketing to fill up classes.
Don't get discouraged; if you continue doing your job with a zest and devotion, the success will come. And success is not always a full room but people whom you can help and inspire.
Top of the page Bottom of the page
Jump to page : 1
Now viewing page 1 [25 messages per page]
Jump to forum :
Search this forum
Printer friendly version
E-mail a link to this thread

(Delete all cookies set by this site)