YogiSource.com my account | view cart | customer service
 Search:    
Welcome to the new Yoga.com Forums home!
For future visits, link to "http://www.YogiSource.com/forums".
Make a new bookmark.
Tell your friends so they can find us and you!

Coming soon ... exciting new changes for our website, now at YogiSource.com.

Search | Statistics | User Listing View All Forums
You are logged in as a guest. ( logon | register )

help/advice please!
Moderators: Moderators

Jump to page : 1
Now viewing page 1 [25 messages per page]
View previous thread :: View next thread
   Yoga -> Yoga TeachersMessage format

mish74
Posted 2011-11-05 3:29 AM (#209459)
Subject: help/advice please!

New User

Hi there,
i'm hoping someone here may have ideas on how to deal with this situation - a client has used only 8 of her 10 sessions on her card before it expired. she says she has paid for the remaining 2 sessions, and says that although she knew of the terms & conditions, she also knows i own the studio and can change the rules at my discretion, which i should do for her as she is a "valued customer". A casual session is $20, concession card $150 for ten, so having had 8 she is not out of pocket - she has paid $18.75 per session, so i don't "owe" her anything.

I have had other people ask for an extension, but usually when i say" sorry but to be fair to everyone the rule remains the same", they say "okay well thought it was worth a try", and leave it at that. However this woman has followed up with the above and now i'm wondering if i should let her have 2 more weeks as i'm concerned she'll badmouth me/my studio.
i guess my instinct is to that to be fair and honest in my dealings with ALL of my valued clients, the rule applies - no extensions. i suppose what i'm really asking is, what is the best way to get this across to her without causing offence?
namaste,
michelle
Top of the page Bottom of the page
flyingmonkey
Posted 2011-11-10 4:10 AM (#209474 - in reply to #209459)
Subject: Re: help/advice please!

Regular

If she has only done 8 classes....is she really a "valued customer" ?
We have 10 and 20 class passes at the studio where I work and our terms and conditions state that cards can be extended for one more month for a $5 fee if all the classes are not used before the expiry date......which I think is very generous as the cards last 3 months.....but we still get clients trying to extend cards more than once.....we do not allow this.
We have also had one clients trying to extend a card that she says she purchased over 2 years ago....we cannot find the card (we do keep all cards)....she has no receipt.....I think she is trying it on.....I did offer her a substantial discount on a new card as 2 years is too long ago and we have no proof that she did buy a pass.......she has not been back in touch.

I think you should stick with your terms and conditions to be fair to all clients....some people will always try it on and get upset if they are not treated as if they are more special than the other clients.....you could try pointing out to her how much she has saved compared to the drop in rate......

jpg
Posted 2011-11-10 1:46 PM (#209476 - in reply to #209459)
Subject: RE: help/advice please!

Do you want this individual as a student?
Do you have low attendance in your classes and need more bodies?
Do you want to go out of your way for this student so that she does positive marketing (telling her friends) for you?

Unless you can answer yes to the above, I would just stick to "rules are rules" and you need to enforce them the same for everyone.

There are people who will try to get something special for themselves where ever they go. Some will then become devoted students because you made them "special" and some are just trying to get something for nothing and after their card is done won't come back anyway.

I think the bottom line is: How far do you want to go for this particular individual? Also, you are right, she will probably badmouth you, but that is extortion and I doubt if you want that kind of student.

Edited by jpg 2011-11-10 1:51 PM
mish74
Posted 2011-11-13 3:20 AM (#209480 - in reply to #209459)

New User

Thanks so much for taking the time to respond guys! I did stick to my guns and will see when I get in to work tomorrow if she came yesterday (she usually comes to Saturday class, if she comes at all!). And jpg, your point about whether she's the kind of student i want - well i was already thinking that, as you can imagine, so i am really not bothered if she returns or not. In fact I would rather she didn't to be honest haha!
thanks again,
Michelle
Dacite
Posted 2011-12-11 3:01 PM (#209574 - in reply to #209480)

Regular

Those terms and conditions that you have to use the service (classes) in the certain amount of time, does not 100% correspond law. Even if the client bought it cheaper, she still did not get all the services- meaning 10 classes. Many businesses do so, but for example with a gift card who has expired year ago I can still go to the shop and get a gift because I am a lawyer and I have not received the service/item for the money I got on the paper. The time limit is only for convenience of the the accountancy so they can close accounts for the current year
These shorter card usage times can still be ok if this means cheaper price.
However I would never do time limits because it is already good enough that people pay in advance for certain amount of sessions as it provides certainty for your business.
All the studios I go to except who have computer record and electric cards, never has minded to accept expired card. Because they think long term and yogic and I will always go back to them and bring more people because they are know what is their mission and that will attract them always enough money.
Jump to page : 1
Now viewing page 1 [25 messages per page]
Jump to forum :
Search this forum
Printer friendly version
E-mail a link to this thread

(Delete all cookies set by this site)