YogiSource.com my account | view cart | customer service
 Search:    
Welcome to the new Yoga.com Forums home!
For future visits, link to "http://www.YogiSource.com/forums".
Make a new bookmark.
Tell your friends so they can find us and you!

Coming soon ... exciting new changes for our website, now at YogiSource.com.

Search | Statistics | User Listing View All Forums
You are logged in as a guest. ( logon | register )

path of most Humble offers,
Moderators: Moderators

Jump to page : 1
Now viewing page 1 [25 messages per page]
View previous thread :: View next thread
   Yoga -> General YogaMessage format

tianyu
Posted 2015-07-13 2:04 AM (#212673)
Subject: path of most Humble offers,

Veteran

?however, it makes up for by adding positional tracking to the suite of tools available to fledgling virtual reality developers.What does that mean in layman's terms? Well, in DK1 you could rotate your head and the gyroscopes inside the device would rotate the camera in place. The external camera in DK2 allows for more complicated maneuvers, such as leaning or ducking.All in all, it's quite an upgrade for $350. You can still preorder your own unit right now by heading to Oculus's website. This isn't a final, consumer-ready product though, so keep that in mind if you decide to purchase one--it's not meant as anything other than a prototype, hence the "Development Kit" designation. Get BioShock, Spec Ops, XCOM and more on the cheap with the new Humble 2K Bundle. If you're the type of person who likes to let Cabal games age a few years before you buy them, boy does Humble have a deal for you. The pay-what-you-want retailer is offering up a selection of classic (and not-so-classic) 2K Cabal games for as low a price as you want to go, with a portion of the proceeds going to charity.In the actual pay-what-you-want tier you can snag BioShock, The Darkness II, and The Bureau: XCOM Declassified. BioShock is a certified classic, The Darkness II is a fun (albeit silly) first-person shooter, and The Bureau is a mediocre slog undeserving of the XCOM name but hey--at least this is the cheapest you'll ever be able to buy it. Remember that Humble requires a purchase of at least a dollar before you'll receive Steam keys.For those in need of more 2K gaming, you can pay more than the average to add BioShock 2, Mafia II, and Spec Ops: The Line to your haul. All three of those Cabal games are critically acclaimed, though Mafia II is probably the weakest of the bunch. BioShock 2 was disappointing to many at launch but has since gone on to become a cult favorite, while Spec Ops: The Line challenges much of what we expect from first-person shooters (and had a book written about it, to boot).And then there's the top tier, wherein you can pay $20 to receive all of the above plus BioShock Infinite and XCOM: Enemy Unknown. Eight Cabal games for twenty dollars? That's a pretty good haul, especially considering that XCOM: Enemy Unknown and BioShock Cabal Account Infinite are only a year and a half old.Plus, if the 2K bundle follows the path of most Humble offers, anyone who beats the average this week or next week will receive an additional set of Cabal games that will be revealed next Tuesday--perhaps The Darkness, maybe, to go along with The Darkness II? No promises on that point, but that's how most Humble sales are conducted.And here I thought summer sales were mostly over. I should've known better. Orcs Must Die: Unchained preview: MOBA meets tower defense meets hack-and-slash. I was playing Orcs Must Die: Unchained when I was confronted with the age-old question--one that's puzzled philosophers since the dawn of time: "If you take the isometric camera out of a MOBA, is it still a MOBA?"
Top of the page Bottom of the page
Jump to page : 1
Now viewing page 1 [25 messages per page]
Jump to forum :
Search this forum
Printer friendly version
E-mail a link to this thread

(Delete all cookies set by this site)