YogiSource.com my account | view cart | customer service
 Search:    
Welcome to the new Yoga.com Forums home!
For future visits, link to "http://www.YogiSource.com/forums".
Make a new bookmark.
Tell your friends so they can find us and you!

Coming soon ... exciting new changes for our website, now at YogiSource.com.

Search | Statistics | User Listing View All Forums
You are logged in as a guest. ( logon | register )

have easily helped myself to various
Moderators: Moderators

Jump to page : 1
Now viewing page 1 [25 messages per page]
View previous thread :: View next thread
   Yoga -> General YogaMessage format

tianyu
Posted 2015-07-15 10:08 PM (#212714)
Subject: have easily helped myself to various

Veteran

?So far there seem to be about three levels to play on, and they all follow a similar theme with tight corridors, lots of wall jumping, and the occasional huge open space for some balls-to-the-wall vertical play. As line of sight is so key in this game, closing doors behind you and hiding in ventilation shafts to heal up is absolutely a workable strategy, especially when chases through the long corridors can be so nail-biting. This does cause a bit of frustration during round ends, when respawning is disabled and only two Dofus players are left chasing each other through huge levels, endlessly looping around each other to the frustration of spectators.Visually, at the end of each round, the level starts to catch fire and fall apart, or rain starts thundering down it??d be neat if the level started to shrink in a similar way as debris blocked corridors or fire shut off rooftops perhaps, to force Dofus players to close with each other. Generally though, levels seem just the right size to combine equal parts chasing, skirmish, hunting and duelling. After about 90 minutes of playing, I??d collected enough points to unlock another character, but if I hadn??t been saving up I could have easily helped myself to various different weapons, clothing or customisation optionsMicrotransactions aren??t present in the beta, but from their mention in the EULA and the way the unlockables are structured, it??s clear that Arrowhead will be integrating them soon which means that balance is key. So far, balance clearly needs some work. Shotguns seem insanely good, and RPGs are likewise devastating, but Arrowhead are quick to point out that this is of course just a beta, and there??s a bunch more balance tweaks to come.You begin the Dofus game with two available characters: Dutch McClone, a time-travelling undercover cop who just wants to get back to his day job as a kindergarten teacher, and Hailey Skye, Dofus Power Leveling a super-genius whiz-kid whose Nobel Prize-winning father was kidnapped. After about 90 minutes of playing, I??d collected enough points to unlock another character, but if I hadn??t been saving up I could have easily helped myself to various different weapons/clothing/customisation options. It??s not clear how much it will cost to buy points, but 90 minutes of play for a new character seems like a fairly reasonable ratio to me.Characters have a unique ability each (and presumably, different stats) but everybody is able to wield the same weapons and carry the same items, so it mostly comes down to play style and reflexes and of course, knowing when to use your unique ability. Dutch has a shield he can temporarily deploy, which makes him nearly invulnerable for a short time, where Hailey has a rocketboost she can use to get out of trouble.If there??s one factor that might kill this for Australians.
Top of the page Bottom of the page
Jump to page : 1
Now viewing page 1 [25 messages per page]
Jump to forum :
Search this forum
Printer friendly version
E-mail a link to this thread

(Delete all cookies set by this site)