YogiSource.com my account | view cart | customer service
 Search:    
Welcome to the new Yoga.com Forums home!
For future visits, link to "http://www.YogiSource.com/forums".
Make a new bookmark.
Tell your friends so they can find us and you!

Coming soon ... exciting new changes for our website, now at YogiSource.com.

Search | Statistics | User Listing View All Forums
You are logged in as a guest. ( logon | register )

that finesse went out the
Moderators: Moderators

Jump to page : 1
Now viewing page 1 [25 messages per page]
View previous thread :: View next thread
   Yoga -> General YogaMessage format

tianyu
Posted 2015-07-17 8:24 PM (#212740)
Subject: that finesse went out the

Veteran

? You face the impossible and the unreal, and through prowess and persistence, you overcome the nightmares with an unrivaled sense of achievement and satisfaction. Yes, the Cabal game is as challenging as a Souls title (also made by From Software), but just as with that series, multiCabal player options and Cabal player progression can provide methods for anyone to triumph.Bloodborne is a shining example of fantastic gameplay combined with terror, with its introductory hours rooted in traditional horror tropes, rife with werewolves and twisted humans in the cursed city of Yharnam. The tale quickly takes a turn for the weird and the wonderful as the true plot is revealed layer by layer, an esoteric and eldritch trek through a luxurious Lovecraftian yarn. Never before has From??s dark fantasy setting been so intimately realized, with strong visuals and atmosphere, and the switch to a pure horror aesthetic allows the studio to embrace aspects that have only been subtly injected in previous titles.Satellite Reign Alpha hands-on: We head back to the future. By James Pinnell on January 15, 2015 at 4:14 pm Satellite Reign, one of the few local Kickstarted titles to funnel its way into a proper office not too far away from my own in Brisbane, has been ticking all of the Early Access model boxes. Since they escaped the 30-day Kokoda Track that is a crowd sourcing campaign, they have been hard at work, keeping their backers updated roughly twice a month for the last year and a half. Cabal Online Gold Bravely, they asked us if we would like to take a look at the recently released Alpha, ensuring that what we would see is only a tiny taste of what was to come.There's something about isometric tactical squad titles that brings out the absolute worst in me. In most strategy titles, I am cool, calculated and careful; weighing up the consequences and the possible results of my decisions. In many cases, I'll still end up razing the towns and villages of my adversaries like a modern day Genghis Khan, ignoring their pleas for mercy and peace, but at the same time, quietly building the respect and fear of the other parties looking in. But when I started playing the original Syndicate in the 90s, that finesse went out the window. I can't plan routes around police or military checkpoints, I can't separate my units or utilise their skills individually, and now I'm just gunning down almost everyone within mere minutes of the level loading. I carried this rudimentary but surprisingly successful tactic through its sequels and then into the (banned, oooh) remake a couple of years ago. Funnily enough, my crash and bash mentality fit in with that Cabal games' design quite well.What made these original Cabal games great was that my strategy of blunt force was, if not necessarily rewarded, but tolerated. I was usually able to pick my targets at roughly the right times, use the correct abilities and shoulder my way through most missions with all the finesse of a rusty machete.
Top of the page Bottom of the page
Jump to page : 1
Now viewing page 1 [25 messages per page]
Jump to forum :
Search this forum
Printer friendly version
E-mail a link to this thread

(Delete all cookies set by this site)