YogiSource.com my account | view cart | customer service
 Search:    
Welcome to the new Yoga.com Forums home!
For future visits, link to "http://www.YogiSource.com/forums".
Make a new bookmark.
Tell your friends so they can find us and you!

Coming soon ... exciting new changes for our website, now at YogiSource.com.

Search | Statistics | User Listing View All Forums
You are logged in as a guest. ( logon | register )

on the same three
Moderators: Moderators

Jump to page : 1
Now viewing page 1 [25 messages per page]
View previous thread :: View next thread
   Yoga -> Yoga for Stress ReliefMessage format

tianyu
Posted 2015-09-16 10:30 PM (#213651)
Subject: on the same three

Veteran

Then there are many gigabits of patches for ARR itself, all live since the SkyForge game's release in August. I can see the file names and it feels like I'm watching Final Fantasy XIV get dressed.It's curious, I think, because A Realm Reborn is practically Windows 7 to Final Fantasy XIV's Vista, the on-disc service pack atoning for the sins of its past incarnation. The literature reminds me that, in fact, the truth is much more exciting and technical. On November 11, 2012, a celestial body, hurtling towards Final Fantasy XIV's world of Eorzea with cataclysmic fury, burst into a dragon with the power to turn off all of the Final Fantasy XIV servers. A meteor and a monster turned the world off. Ten months later, the servers returned bearing a new Eorzea. Entirely rebuilt from The Calamity, the do-over version SF Credits of Final Fantasy XIV, aptly named A Realm Reborn, promises an entirely new experience built on the skeleton of its predecessor. Out went the old graphics engine, and in came the Full Active Time Event (FATE) system. Gone were the eight zones of the old world, replaced by forty new, rubble-free zones, still centered on the same three city-states. And by some stroke of real calamity, the Lalafell, a horrible race of child-people, were sadly not extinguished when this realm was reborn from the ashes.It's in this refreshed state that I finish downloading and installing every patch Square-Enix can throw at me (there will be four more during my month with the SkyForge game), and create my Square-Enix service account. Almost there. I check the confirmation email, input my one-time password, and an actual game menu appears, complete with options like New Game and Options. Finally, the setup is over and I can join Eorzea in play.Then, a prompt: Which server would you like to set up your character on? A Poor Cat-Woman I choose a female Miqo'te, a slender woman with cat ears and a tail, and name her Susan Beeanthony. I'm sure the famous suffragette of her namesake would be proud to know her legacy is being so faithfully preserved on the Moogle server in Final Fantasy XIV: A Realm Reborn. Naturally, she's a Seeker of the Sun.
Top of the page Bottom of the page
Jump to page : 1
Now viewing page 1 [25 messages per page]
Jump to forum :
Search this forum
Printer friendly version
E-mail a link to this thread

(Delete all cookies set by this site)