YogiSource.com my account | view cart | customer service
 Search:    
Welcome to the new Yoga.com Forums home!
For future visits, link to "http://www.YogiSource.com/forums".
Make a new bookmark.
Tell your friends so they can find us and you!

Coming soon ... exciting new changes for our website, now at YogiSource.com.

Search | Statistics | User Listing View All Forums
You are logged in as a guest. ( logon | register )

aside John Obi Mikel Jersey ,Men's
Moderators: Moderators

Jump to page : 1
Now viewing page 1 [25 messages per page]
View previous thread :: View next thread
   Yoga -> Yoga for BeginnersMessage format

xionghh
Posted 2015-11-28 9:24 PM (#214561)
Subject: aside John Obi Mikel Jersey ,Men's

Extreme Veteran

Wi-Fi vs. WiMax &nda; Wi Do I Care?
This story doesn’t involve giants Danny DeKeyser Jersey , but it does involve giant leaps forward in technology that will affect us all.Dennis Schooley
Wi Fi Fo Fum, I think I sll the blood…oops wrong tale. This story doesn’t involve giants, but it does involve giant leaps forward in technology that will affect us all.

The other day I was watching o kids play. Eh had a tin can up to their ear and they were speaking to eh other on the ‘phone’. Talk about technological leaps. Yes, the string that I used as a kid to hook up this intricate munication system had disappeared, and they were now wireless!

When I was Batman bk then, the string always kept close enough to Robin so we could hear eh other, even around the corner of a cinder block wall. Unrestricted by ‘the magic string’ these kids tended to drift out of range from ti to ti. Showing true genius, they engaged Billy’s little brother to position himself on middle ground, and he relayed wireless ssages bk and forth. They called him ‘tower’. I laughed.

It really is a reflection of a changing world. We’ve gone from HiFi to Wi-Fi, and next on the endless chain is WiMax. The transition from ‘High Fidelity’, which simply related to sound quality, to ‘Wireless Fidelity’ or Wi-Fi, took about thirty-eleven years. The transition to WiMax is already in play, yet most of us haven’t figured out what Wi-Fi is really all about.

Aording to the ‘Webopedia’, the term is promulgated by the Wi-Fi Alliance Curtis Joseph Jersey , and is ort for Wireless Fidelity as I indicated above. What it ans is that you can aess the Inter from a laptop puter with the right stuff (wireless card) in various locations without the burden of a physical wire.

Hold it &nda; Webopedia? Yikes! Yes, it’s real, and it defines and explains web ‘stuff’. I guess Babe Ruth probably thought that Encyclopedias were on the bleeding edge, yet I wrote my 7th grade essay all about him using that standard, great source of knowledge. Makes you wonder what ‘pedia’ is next doesn’t it?

It goes on to say that any products tested and approved as Wi-Fi certified (a registered trademark) by the Wi-Fi Alliance are certified as interoperable with eh other, even if from different manufturers.

That’s kind of like Fords & Toyotas use the sa gas to make them go, and their owners use the sa ramps and highways to pick up milk, or go to the cottage. Even Hudson Hors used a leaded version of the sa fuel.

An example where this wasn’t so well planned is the aess to the electricity grids in Europe as opposed to North Arica. The sa plugs don’t work in both ples.

Rather than making that mistake, the Alliance has created an aepted standard so that manufturers create equipnt, and the like, that can be used in a similar faion to aess the web. That ans that your laptop, regardless of brand, will use the sa ‘hot-spots’ to get aess. Hot-spots are areas where the fility, like Starbucks or the hotel that owns the lobby, has put in the proper equipnt to provide aess from your wireless card to the great big cloud called the Inter. The wireless card is the gas for the Fords & Toyotas Chris Chelios Jersey , and the hot-spot is the on ramp.

And therein lie both the beauty and the problem. The beauty is that I can aess the web from Starbucks in Atlanta, as well as a hotel lobby in Vancouver. If you’ve ever seen soone doing the hippy-hippy ake with their puter in their hands, you’re probably witnessing the problem. Wi-Fi aess is limited in both speed and distance. The isting person was probably trying to get a more consistent signal in the ‘hot-spot’.

Enter WiMax. That’s not Max Smart and his wireless oe munications, but it is the next generation of Wi-Fi. Aording to WiMaxxed. it “will connect you to the Inter at faster speeds and from much longer ranges than current wireless technology allows.” They go on to say “WiMax promises up to a ten mile range without wires, and broadband speeds without cable or T1.”

The result &nda; we are absolved from the penance of viewing way too many hippy-hippy akes. Well, not so fast, don’t throw out your dancin’ oes quite yet. It’s not on the Wal-Mart elves for next Christmas, but there are a lot of indicators that it’s real, and it’s just around the corner.

First of all, it is an ronym for Worldwide Interoperability For Microwave Aess, and it has tually been in the works for quite a while now. An article titled ‘FCC Move Could Boost WiMax’, states “A number of vendors and carriers have announced products, testing, or support for the standard in the last month, including Intel Brett Hull Jersey , Nokia, AT&T, BellSouth, Sprint, and Motorola.” These panies aren’t akin to Duke’s Pool Room &nda; these are the big boys.

The article continues to say, “Congress has been lobbied for months now to free more frequencies for wireless broadband.”

AlcaTel states that WiMax will “bridge the digital divide by delivering broadband in low-density areas.” If you really study that statent, you can see where we are in the world today. Where ernnts once ensured that all residents were able to receive phone service in the Ma Bell days, that lingo is now being used in relation to broadband aess to the Inter. May everybody have equal aess is the refrain, but only if it’s high speed!

So instead of hot-spot hopping, WiMax will provide true wireless mobility. And there’s more. In an article by Al Senia of Arica’s Neork, he states that ‘Phone manufturers such as Samsung and LG are expected to introduce Wi-Fi handsets patible with this service by year’s end.”

O.K., so that’s In the early 21st. Cheap Jerseys From China Cheap NFL Jerseys Cheap Jerseys Wholesale Jerseys China Wholesale NFL Jerseys Wholesale Jerseys

Top of the page Bottom of the page
Jump to page : 1
Now viewing page 1 [25 messages per page]
Jump to forum :
Search this forum
Printer friendly version
E-mail a link to this thread

(Delete all cookies set by this site)