YogiSource.com my account | view cart | customer service
 Search:    
Welcome to the new Yoga.com Forums home!
For future visits, link to "http://www.YogiSource.com/forums".
Make a new bookmark.
Tell your friends so they can find us and you!

Coming soon ... exciting new changes for our website, now at YogiSource.com.

Search | Statistics | User Listing View All Forums
You are logged in as a guest. ( logon | register )

What areas of gaming did itadvance
Moderators: Moderators

Jump to page : 1
Now viewing page 1 [25 messages per page]
View previous thread :: View next thread
   Yoga -> Ashtanga YogaMessage format

juanjuan075249
Posted 2016-01-26 1:38 AM (#215635)
Subject: What areas of gaming did itadvance

Veteran

it is still the most prized game in my collection.What were its cultural impactsandor importance?Although the tunes and controllershave changed, modern music games haven’t progressed much since the opening daysof Parappa’s rhythmic buttonmatching. The freestyling pup set the standard, andeveryone followed suit. Gitaroo Man was an evolution. Itbore the familiar rhythmmatching, but players also had to use the analog stickto guide a cursor through a winding path to unleash the hero’s wicked guitarsolos. It was the first time I felt as though I was creating the music and notsimply responding to it.You wouldn’t guess it from theoutrageous characters by Mitsuru Nakamura aka 326, including fursuitedbandmates and an Elvisimpersonator in a bee costume, but Gitaroo Man’s childishexterior masked a dramatic and touching story about a boy rising to become theworld’s savior. Unfortunately, gamers can be a superficial bunch. While Cheap FF14 Gil criticspraised the advances in gameplay and the ten powerful tracks, ranging from metalto techno and dub, Gitaroo Man languished in stores.What areas of gaming did itadvance?With the nearsimultaneous releaseof Rez and Parappa the Rapper 2, the beginning of 2002 was an exciting time tobe a music gamer. Few could have predicted that the eccentricities and charms ofthe genre were about to be wiped away in favor of simulation.Dance Dance Revolution had beeninfiltrating arcades and bowling alleys across the country. In April, thearrival of Konamix on PlayStation sounded the death knell. Endearing characters,storytelling, and unique music gave way to massive soundtracks of licensed musicand buttonmatching in the purest sense. Although Gitaroo Man did little toinfluence the future of gaming, it was the launchpad for Keiichi Yano, who wenton to create the sensational Elite Beat Agents and Lips.Does it stand the test of time?Absolutely. The 10song soundtrackis barely meager by today’s standards, but each song is a masterfully craftedcomposition of addictive hooks that seeps into your subconscious. I had boutswhen I played
Top of the page Bottom of the page
Jump to page : 1
Now viewing page 1 [25 messages per page]
Jump to forum :
Search this forum
Printer friendly version
E-mail a link to this thread

(Delete all cookies set by this site)