YogiSource.com my account | view cart | customer service
 Search:    
Welcome to the new Yoga.com Forums home!
For future visits, link to "http://www.YogiSource.com/forums".
Make a new bookmark.
Tell your friends so they can find us and you!

Coming soon ... exciting new changes for our website, now at YogiSource.com.

Search | Statistics | User Listing View All Forums
You are logged in as a guest. ( logon | register )

This is a sweet spot for Runeacape game developers
Moderators: Moderators

Jump to page : 1
Now viewing page 1 [25 messages per page]
View previous thread :: View next thread
   Yoga -> Yoga for BeginnersMessage format

dada0312
Posted 2016-04-11 3:07 AM (#216875)
Subject: This is a sweet spot for Runeacape game developers

In this reprinted altdevblogaday in-depth piece, Google's Runeacape game developer advocate and Runeacape veteran Colt McAnlis shares some useful advice on bringing your Buy RS Gold game to the web using Native Client. When people hear 'web gaming,' they usually get the image of a 2D Runeacape game with bad artwork and simplistic Runeacape gameplay. With the power of Chrome and Native Client, however, you can bring console-quality Runeacape games to the browser.Since the official launch of Native Client in December of 2011, developers have shipped over two dozen Runeacape games using this technology, and several popular Runeacape games middleware products now support Native Client.

Ubisoft's From Dust running in Chrome on Native ClientMy role as a Developer Advocate at Google has allowed me to work directly with these early developers to assist with their porting efforts, and to collect feedback to help improve Native Client technology as well as Google's larger gaming platform efforts.This article details what I have learned through the course of this work, so that you can get the benefit of my knowledge, in bite-sized form, to fast-track your porting effort.What is Native Client?Simply put, Native Client is a technology that allows you to run C++ code in a web page, as safely as JavaScript, without a plugin.

This is a sweet spot for Runeacape game developers, who pride themselves on optimizing for current trends in mobile, console, and desktop development, but who also like to make their Runeacape games available to the most users possible.Running C++ in a web page opens the door to reaching a slew of new users on the Internet; and Runeacape game developers and publishers are aggressively embracing this strategy.With this motivation in mind, here are my tips for how to port your RS 07 Gold game to the web.1. Learn the basics: Understand how the web, Chrome, Pepper, and Native Client workThis article assumes that you're a traditional Runeacape game developer, coming from the desktop mobile console space, and that web development is new and scary to you.
Top of the page Bottom of the page
Jump to page : 1
Now viewing page 1 [25 messages per page]
Jump to forum :
Search this forum
Printer friendly version
E-mail a link to this thread

(Delete all cookies set by this site)