YogiSource.com my account | view cart | customer service
 Search:    
Welcome to the new Yoga.com Forums home!
For future visits, link to "http://www.YogiSource.com/forums".
Make a new bookmark.
Tell your friends so they can find us and you!

Coming soon ... exciting new changes for our website, now at YogiSource.com.

Search | Statistics | User Listing View All Forums
You are logged in as a guest. ( logon | register )

Finding a Local Web Designer - Your Guide From a Sacramento Web Designer
Moderators: Moderators

Jump to page : 1
Now viewing page 1 [25 messages per page]
View previous thread :: View next thread
   Yoga -> General YogaMessage format

fitch652210
Posted 2020-11-08 3:06 AM (#257013)
Subject: Finding a Local Web Designer - Your Guide From a Sacramento Web Designer

Veteran

Finding a Local Web Designer - Your Guide From a Sacramento Web Designer

One of the major questions you might have when shopping for a web designer not designer watches like Invicta Watches ,GUESS,Diesel Watches, Citizen mens watches is if you should find someone locally or overseas. In this article, I will explore why finding a local web designer might be best for you. This article is applicable for anyone living anywhere on the globe.

I am a Web Designer from Sacramento, CA, but this guide is for anyonewho lives anywhere inside the United States or out. The idea behindthis article is to tell you why finding a local web designer ratherthan a web designer hundreds or even thousands of miles away is still agreat choice. Hopefully, by the end of this article I will haveconvinced you that finding a web designer locally has many advantagesover the alternatives.In Sacramento, there are many web designers ? both working in firms andfreelancers. It is most likely the same in the area you live. Evenstill, with such a wide selection, many people still opt to find webdesigners overseas. The reason why is simple ? cost! But these days, itdoesn?t always have to be as expensive as you might imagine. When Ifirst took the plunge as a freelance web designer,I set my prices remarkably low in order to get business rolling and putmy name out there. My prices were a fraction of what most people werecharging for comparable services. Even overseas web designers wouldhave a tough time competing with my prices. To this day, I still feellike I have extremely competitive rates. What I am trying to illustratehere is that there certainly are deals to be found ? you just have tolook! Check the phonebook and call around. Check craigslist in the?services? section. Contact web designers and let them know what youwant and what your budget looks like. Many of them would be morewilling than you might think to work with you on the price. Try tomainly target freelancers. Freelance web designers are people who workfor themselves rather than for a web design firm and, therefore, areusually capable of much lower prices due to the greatly reducedoverhead that comes with running a traditional business with employees,an office, etc.Even if you could save money by hiring a web designer overseas, youreally have to ask yourself if it?s worth it. First of all, what aboutthe communication barrier? Are you going to spend more time than youwould like in order to insure that the web designer knows exactly whatyou are looking for? Are you willing to settle with something thatmaybe isn?t exactly what you want? Granted, this isn?t always an issue,but many people do run into this dilemma.Being able to meet your web designer in person can make a hugedifference. You can sit down with him/her and discuss face to faceexactly what you are looking for. This can be the difference betweengetting exactly what you are looking for in a brief period of time, orgetting something that you settled with after hours of back-and-forthdialog between you and an overseas web designer, frustrating emailconversations, and unnecessary gray hairs.In another article, I will go more in-depth in regards to what you needto know when finding a web designer ? local or remote. For now, here isa brief overview:- Negotiate prices. Regardless of what they advertise, most webdesigners (especially freelancers) are willing to negotiate toreasonable terms.

Top of the page Bottom of the page
Jump to page : 1
Now viewing page 1 [25 messages per page]
Jump to forum :
Search this forum
Printer friendly version
E-mail a link to this thread

(Delete all cookies set by this site)