YogiSource.com my account | view cart | customer service
 Search:    
Welcome to the new Yoga.com Forums home!
For future visits, link to "http://www.YogiSource.com/forums".
Make a new bookmark.
Tell your friends so they can find us and you!

Coming soon ... exciting new changes for our website, now at YogiSource.com.

Search | Statistics | User Listing View All Forums
You are logged in as a guest. ( logon | register )

Yoga helps bladder?
Moderators: Moderators

Jump to page : 1
Now viewing page 1 [25 messages per page]
View previous thread :: View next thread
   Wellness -> Women's HealthMessage format

Heather Scott
Posted 2002-05-13 12:31 PM (#525)
Subject: Yoga helps bladder?

I have recently been experiancing problems with an overactive bladder and discomfort. Doctors have not yet been able to find a physical problem that has been effecting my bladder. I recently spoke to a physical therapist who claimed that my problem may be associated with stress both mentally and physically and told me I should try yoga to help my problem, do you think that yoga could help?
Top of the page Bottom of the page
Julia M
Posted 2002-05-15 12:08 PM (#543 - in reply to #525)

Hi Heather,

A good place to look for some help is with a trained therapist. Take a look at http://www.bksiyengar.com
which has teacher listings for certified Iyengar yoga teachers. BKS Iyengar is reknown for therapeutic yoga.

Julia
Vera Crenshaw
Posted 2002-06-17 2:30 PM (#680 - in reply to #525)

To whom it may concern
I would like to know what poses help to keep bladder from over active? Neck pain, insomnia, chronique head ache, since I teach yoga and have student ask me for held to get rid of those pains.
Beside I would like to learn how to mastering head stand, I am trying to do head stand, full lotus, angle slpit head to the floor pose and still not yet success.
Please e mail me at my address above. I appreciated very much.
vera crenshaw
Thank you.
Joelle
Posted 2003-01-02 12:18 AM (#1229 - in reply to #525)

Yes, I think yoga would definitely help. I would advise you to try a yoga that involves meditation as well. Check out kundalini yoga it involves the use of breath, postures meditation and mantra. It helps you to become self aware and recognize aspects of yourself which may help you resolve the bladder issue. Have you read "Anatomy of the Spirit" by Carolyn Myss. This is an extremely informative book and connects all aspects of self, mind and emotion to symptoms that we or people have and do experience.
Depending on deeply you would like to get into this, the chakras are another avenue to explore. Yoga will help though.
sat nam
Vera Allan
Posted 2003-03-10 1:05 AM (#1517 - in reply to #525)

Find a doctor and get your bladder looked at properly. You could have interstitial cystitis. Mine started like this and now I have a very inflammed bladder and am unable to do yoga. It is often very painful to bend, walk, sit or lie so please keep pushing the doctor and get second opinions. Bladder stretches help and I am sure if this had happed to me in the early stages I would not be in the position I am today. I am still looking for something to cure me but today have been unsuccessful. This is over 8 years and I have just been diagnosed as having inerstitial cystitis. Try holding but a bit longer each time too. All the very best. Vera
Jump to page : 1
Now viewing page 1 [25 messages per page]
Jump to forum :
Search this forum
Printer friendly version
E-mail a link to this thread

(Delete all cookies set by this site)