YogiSource.com my account | view cart | customer service
 Search:    
Welcome to the new Yoga.com Forums home!
For future visits, link to "http://www.YogiSource.com/forums".
Make a new bookmark.
Tell your friends so they can find us and you!

Coming soon ... exciting new changes for our website, now at YogiSource.com.

Search | Statistics | User Listing View All Forums
You are logged in as a guest. ( logon | register )

Post-stroke massage
Moderators: Moderators

Jump to page : 1
Now viewing page 1 [25 messages per page]
View previous thread :: View next thread
   Massage -> General MassageMessage format

Debbmtdeb
Posted 2002-05-11 1:05 AM (#497)
Subject: Post-stroke massage

I'm a student massage therapist and my mom recently had a stroke and I was wondering if I massage her weekly will that help her regain feeling and movement on her left side?
Top of the page Bottom of the page
Julia M
Posted 2002-05-15 8:45 AM (#541 - in reply to #497)

I am sorry to hear about your mom. You should discuss this method of treatment with your mom's doctors and therapists before administering treatment. There is also a web-site resource for massage that may be helpful and you can find it at http://www.massage.org/

Good luck and best wishes for your mom.

Julia
Di Ann
Posted 2003-04-29 10:49 AM (#1784 - in reply to #497)

I HAD A STROKE 30 YEARS AGO AND SEEMED TO BE STAGNANT IN MY RECOVERY. THEN I DISCOVERED YOGA AND NOTICED MUSCLES STRENGTHENING AND AND COMING ALIVE AGAIN THROUG YOGA, MEDITATION, AND MASSAGE. IT DEFINATELY IS AN EXCITING DISCOVERY!!
Steve Mars
Posted 2003-05-05 10:03 PM (#1808 - in reply to #497)

Steve was a 51 year old in January 2000 when he had a massive stroke, wasn't really expected to walk, write or probably talk properly. 22 weeks in hospital, Dwyer Ward Hobart Hospital thankyou, then home, walking with a stick, writing left handed hopefully back to workat least part time,...discovered fabulous masseur lived right across the road...really...have been going to him usually twice a week for the past three years nearly, can now walk, run, play tennis, ride motor bike, write right handed give public speeches, working full time, play drums and most imoprtantly still improving and now expects to get everything back...the one thing that still really worries him is that something may come back for an hour a day a week then goes again...but at least my wonderful masseur can usually help in getting that skill back if not straight away but within time.
Masseurs the proper ones can help amazingly...but most important never stop trying.
regards
Steve
Jump to page : 1
Now viewing page 1 [25 messages per page]
Jump to forum :
Search this forum
Printer friendly version
E-mail a link to this thread

(Delete all cookies set by this site)