YogiSource.com my account | view cart | customer service
 Search:    
Welcome to the new Yoga.com Forums home!
For future visits, link to "http://www.YogiSource.com/forums".
Make a new bookmark.
Tell your friends so they can find us and you!

Coming soon ... exciting new changes for our website, now at YogiSource.com.

Search | Statistics | User Listing View All Forums
You are logged in as a guest. ( logon | register )

some questions
Moderators: Moderators

Jump to page : 1
Now viewing page 1 [25 messages per page]
View previous thread :: View next thread
   Massage -> General MassageMessage format

Carol
Posted 2002-07-10 5:17 AM (#777)
Subject: some questions

I am a new yoga-leaner and come to love it.Now I can only do yoga once a week, I wonder if it's too limit.And if I just follow the teaching video,will it do harm to me?Need I to get a book on yoga to read?
Top of the page Bottom of the page
Julia M
Posted 2002-07-16 10:51 AM (#786 - in reply to #777)

Hi Carol,

The number of times that you practice yoga on a weekly basis really depends on your objectives. I think it is important to find out which type of yoga will maximize both benefits and enjoyment. As a complete beginner to yoga it will take alot of practice to learn how to do the poses correctly. It is often a good idea to go to a few classes to learn which type of yoga that you like and get guidance and feedback on how to do the poses correctly. You can take classes on a drop in basis and combine that workout with a home-based routine.

You can find some useful videos and books to develop a routine in our catalogue at http://www.yoga.com .

Good luck,

Julia
Carol
Posted 2002-07-17 4:05 AM (#790 - in reply to #777)

Hi,Julia,
Thank you very much for your reply.
I do tremendously need to widen my knowledge in yoga.Practicing yoga for me,is a benefit way to keep good mood, while I am not sure whether it can do any benefits in other ways.I just feel very calm and happy after practicing it.
And actually,I've just done some simple physical exsrcises without meditation. I don't know whether it's proper to follow this way or not. You know,there're a lot of sayings about yoga.I wonder whether it will mislead me and result in unexpected results.
What's your comments on my worries?Expect your reply!Thank you very much!
Hans
Posted 2002-07-25 4:46 AM (#816 - in reply to #777)

yoyo
Carol
Posted 2002-07-28 11:30 PM (#830 - in reply to #777)

Hi Hans,glad to meet you here!
Could you tell me what do you mean by "yoyo"?
Julia M
Posted 2002-08-09 10:37 PM (#891 - in reply to #777)

Hi Carol,

Since my last message to you, we re-launched our website and have a number of articles for beginners that may address some of your concerns and answer some questions for you. From our homepage at http://www.yoga.com click on 'Yoga for Beginners' and you will find these articles.

The sense of peace and calmness that you feel after practicing yoga will help you to manage other areas of your life with an enhanced ability to focus. There are different types of yoga which integrate intense workouts such as power yoga and others that focus more on relaxation and meditation such as Intregral Yoga. You have to find a style that you are comfortable with. If you are worried that you are doing something wrong or that you will injure yourself try to attend a class for some guideance.

Julia
Carol
Posted 2002-08-12 11:58 PM (#896 - in reply to #777)

Hi Julia,
Thank you so much for your continued reply.
I did visite the web site you mentioned and that's really help me a lot. Now I have a date with yoga every week, which I expect and enjoy very much. I come to sense that yoga help me keep a peaceful mind and great mood whenever what happened to me,just as you said. Thank yoga,thank you!
Hope everything well with you!
Keep in touch!
Jump to page : 1
Now viewing page 1 [25 messages per page]
Jump to forum :
Search this forum
Printer friendly version
E-mail a link to this thread

(Delete all cookies set by this site)