YogiSource.com my account | view cart | customer service
 Search:    
Welcome to the new Yoga.com Forums home!
For future visits, link to "http://www.YogiSource.com/forums".
Make a new bookmark.
Tell your friends so they can find us and you!

Coming soon ... exciting new changes for our website, now at YogiSource.com.

Search | Statistics | User Listing View All Forums
You are logged in as a guest. ( logon | register )

Teaching yoga
Moderators: Moderators

Jump to page : 1
Now viewing page 1 [25 messages per page]
View previous thread :: View next thread
   Massage -> General MassageMessage format

Annette
Posted 2003-01-07 5:04 PM (#1239)
Subject: Teaching yoga

Hi- I have been doing yoga for at least 2 years now. I am very interested in teaching yoga. Where are the best yoga institues located, and what are the proper steps to get ready for teaching? And how long it takes to get the certificate. Also, how much is the pay for a level 1 teacher.... Please help. ( I live in California )

Thanks
Top of the page Bottom of the page
Jess
Posted 2003-02-15 1:42 PM (#1322 - in reply to #1239)

Hello Annette,
It's fabulous that you are so interested in teaching yoga! Teaching requires, more than anything else, a committment and dedication to one's own practice. There are numerous places to study, with teacher trainings ranging in duration from two days to two years. First, you may want to ask yourself how much time and money you would like to commit to a training, as well as what style of yoga you would like to teach. A good, general, baseline teacher training standard set by the Yoga Alliance is 200 hours. Some places, such as Kripalu (www.kripalu.org) and Nosara (www.nosarayoga.com) have yoga teacher trainings that cover these two hundred hours through month long residential programs. Other programs, including those run by studios, generally range from one week intensives to two year programs (usually held one or two evenings a week.) If you're interested in going that route, I'd suggest either checking around with local studios for training programs (try our yoga studio search engine) or going to the main page of the yoga style you are interested in teaching. (ie, for Ashtanga yoga, the main page is www.ashtanga.com) Cost for trainings varies greatly, from several hundred dollars for a two day training to three or four thousand for some of the month long or two year long programs. Pay for yoga teachers varies on geographic region and proximity to a major metropolitan area, as low as $20 per class and as high as $100 class (corporate classes.) Gyms near metro areas generally pay $30-$40 per hour. Hope this helps!

Namaste,
Jess
jess@yoga.com
Ran
Posted 2003-02-26 12:45 PM (#1415 - in reply to #1239)

testing...
Jump to page : 1
Now viewing page 1 [25 messages per page]
Jump to forum :
Search this forum
Printer friendly version
E-mail a link to this thread

(Delete all cookies set by this site)