YogiSource.com my account | view cart | customer service
 Search:    
Welcome to the new Yoga.com Forums home!
For future visits, link to "http://www.YogiSource.com/forums".
Make a new bookmark.
Tell your friends so they can find us and you!

Coming soon ... exciting new changes for our website, now at YogiSource.com.

Search | Statistics | User Listing View All Forums
You are logged in as a guest. ( logon | register )

am i too young to start yoga?...
Moderators: Moderators

Jump to page : 1
Now viewing page 1 [25 messages per page]
View previous thread :: View next thread
   Meditation -> General MeditationMessage format

Anastasia
Posted 2003-06-02 7:00 AM (#1936)
Subject: am i too young to start yoga?...

hi... i am 15 and i've always wanted to start yoga because somehow i am not that happy with myself. even though everyone says that i have a great body, it's not so much my shape but that i dont really feel healthy and happy with myself.
i am kind of wondering if i am too young to start yoga, in the previuos messege i found a great site for the beginners but still seek expert's opinion.
thanx, :)
ana
Top of the page Bottom of the page
Shirley
Posted 2003-06-07 4:13 PM (#1954 - in reply to #1936)

~Ana
You are not to young for yoga darling! (I wish I would have started younger) It is for anyone at any age, and it can be very beneficial for you. Yoga can help you gain strenght, flexiblity, confidence, self-discipline, and a world of other great things. The possibilities are endless. So jump right into it and enjoy yourself! :)
Shannon
Posted 2003-06-11 11:18 PM (#1979 - in reply to #1936)

Truthfully, I don't know, I started about a month ago and I'm 15. ^-^
Anonymous
Posted 2003-06-11 11:18 PM (#1980 - in reply to #1936)

*~*brit*~*
Posted 2003-06-12 4:53 PM (#1983 - in reply to #1936)

hey i am 15 as well, but i do yoga everyday. It is great for relaxing you and stretching and relieving your muscles if you are in sports. No, in my opinion you are not to young to start yoga, it is great for you body and you should be really good at it. it also makes you feel so much for confident..good luck!
Anonymous
Posted 2003-06-13 7:35 PM (#1985 - in reply to #1936)

you could never be to young. the younger the better. so you go girl.
Abbey
Posted 2003-06-17 12:29 AM (#1990 - in reply to #1936)

Hi ana! I am also feeling the same way as you are. I also can not find a place to take yoga. Could u help me?
T
Posted 2003-06-29 1:31 PM (#2052 - in reply to #1936)

No!! You are NOT too young to begin yoga. Actually, you should be proud of yourself for taking the first step. I've been practicing yoga for 4 yrs and am working on my certification to teach . I will be teaching yoga in the Fall at my friend's dance studio :)

for me, I've struggled with weight issues over the years--I'm 5'ft and have a gymnast's type build...yoga has been the very best form of exercise for me...as it's helped toned my muscles and has helped me get into really awesome shape. i also work out 3-4 x's a week (cardio and weights). I highly recommend yoga--at any age. I think for teens it's an excellent form of exercise and a great stress reliever and makes you feel good--both physically and mentally.

I hope to teach a child and teen yoga class some day...I love working with kids. I work for a national health non profit and there are too many unhealthy kids out there right now in the US. I want to help kids get into shape and feel good about themselves ;)

Good luck to you!
Mandy Lieu
Posted 2003-07-06 2:46 AM (#2073 - in reply to #1936)

Dear Ana,
I started yoga when i was 13 and have been doing it for a year, so i am currently 14. No one is ever 2 young 2 start doing yoga, so dun wry. hehe :P Yoga helps me deal with stress, it makes my body feel great, and in general, it makes me feel great. I recommend it. Have fun!! :P
Jump to page : 1
Now viewing page 1 [25 messages per page]
Jump to forum :
Search this forum
Printer friendly version
E-mail a link to this thread

(Delete all cookies set by this site)